What You Been Listening To Recently?

markcoopers

ok for some serious suggestions

Been listening to a fair bit of

Dire Straits (my dads fault)

Antony and the Johnsons (some great stuff to some very wierd stuff) youtube first so you dont waste your money

Miles Kane - the colour of the trap (album good with at least 3 top songs)

Police (before sting disapeared up his own backside)

Mumford and Sons (sigh no more - a great album)

The Offspring (all of their stuff - great driving music)

Prodigy - all their stuff - there later album "invaders must die" is very good too

Skunk Anansie - stoosh - great album although you need to check the song if the kids are with you :laugh:

A great album that passed most people by is by semisonics - feeling strangely fine - a bit wimsical but one of our favourites

I also like a bit of chemical brothers, the strokes (room on fire by far their best), the killers, muse, the hives (great band), pearl jam, the white stripes, daft punk, jimmy hendrix, kings of leon, lenny kravitz

I have the black keys album a month or two back - still not sure if I like it yet - I downloaded it after seeing the advert on tv which was suggesting it was my kind of music - possibly a case of marketting bulls*** :oops:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markcoopers

• SteveD

• Norman Verona

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Bernie, was that after the Max Bygraves album - sing-along-a-max

Cleggy, if you like the white stripes, try;

Dead weather prophets

Raconteurs

The kills

Pink Floyd, Marilion, Porcupine Tree, Ozric Tentacles, Banco de gaia, Orb, Loop Guru, Hawkwind. Usual spaced out "hippy sh*t" as my friends called it. Get to listen to loads at the mo as I'm in a boring car with 50 mile round commute every day. (good for an album each way)

If you like the spaced out stuff may I recommend Global Communication their 76 14 album is awesome

Haven't heard Babes in Toyland for ages (wow that takes me back)

Bernie, was that after the Max Bygraves album - sing-along-a-max

sometime between Joseph Lock and Max B I would say , Lita Rosa was going then remember her ?

think they both sang with the Ted Heath band at the hammersmith palace

No fancy 32 track sound and overdubbing , mixers , echo, reverb and stuff in them days just 1 mike all live and all done in one take :t-up: