Yorkshire Coast To Coast - 26 And 27 May

Rory's Dad

Marcus, please could you lead from the Fox and Grapes?

No problem :t-up: now then which Sainsbury's are we meeting you at :laugh:

Also I have put the route into my tom tom I will post route pics up shortly gives a good idea of area covered looks really good, both days are approx 200 miles :t-up:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rory's Dad

• a4gom

• Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

• Buzz Billsberry

Saturday day 1:

c2cd1.jpg

Sunday day 2:

c2cd2.jpg

Marcus - Sunday's route is not quite right - it should go Kikrby Moorside to Castleton and then later from Stokesley to Helmsley and then retracing our route via Sutton Bank to Thirsk. I think I have it all under control :suspect:

Rory's Dad

Shhh everyone but the weather is looking OK. On Saturday the sun will shine - probably all day :cool: :cool:

These are the routes we are taking timed for compliance with the speed limits and to the nearest quarter hour.

Saturday 26 May Westward

10:00 Fox and Grapes A64/A1/A661 à Wetherby/Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate (Fill up)

10:30 Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate A59 à Skipton

11:15 Skipton A65/A590/B5271 à Grange-over-Sands

12:30 Arrive Grange-over-Sands for lunch

1:30 Grange-over-Sands B5271/A590/A592 à Windermere (Fill up)

2:00 Windermere A591/A5284/A6/A684 àKendal/Sedbergh/Hawes

3:00 Arrive Hawes for a cup of tea

3:30 Hawes unclassified roads à Muker/Reeth/Leyburn

4:30 Leyburn A6108 à Ripon

5:15 Ripon A61 à Harrogate

5:45 Arrive Harrogate and continue homewards

Sunday 27 May Eastward

10:00 Fox and Grapes A64/A1/A661 à Wetherby/Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate (Fill up)

10:30 Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate A59/A1/A168/A19 à Thirsk

11:00 Thirsk A170 à Kirkbymoorside

11:45 Kirkbymoorside unclassified roads à Castleton/Egton Bridge/Goathland A169/A171 à Whitby (Fill up)

1:00 Whitby A174 à Sandsend

1:15 Arrive Sandsend for lunch

2:15 Sandsend A174/B1266/A171/A173 à Guisborogh/Stokesley (Fill up)

3:00 Stokesley B1257 à Helmsley

3:45 Arrive Helmsley for a cup of tea

4:15 Helmsley A170/A19/A168/A1/A59 à Harrogate

5:15 Arrive Harrogate and continue homewards

For lunch I'm thinking of parking up at a pub so we can get something to eat and drink and avail ourselves of their 'facilities'. There is room for others to join us but please let me know where you will be joining us. I'll be joining at Harrogate and will lead from there - Marcus, please could you lead from the Fox and Grapes?

See you there!

Rory's Dad

BE AWARE

B1257 Helmsley to Stokesley the road is like the TT track and is amazing to drive - its called locally the north york TT course - and the police know it - the yrun unmarked cars regular on it - i shud know - 3 points later... bah... just take care you dont get carried away - ps dont stop at the Sun Inn half way down - its a very very creepy guy runs it - owns it - works behind the bar - mucks cow shed out - drives tractor - keeps ferrets in pocket behind bar... scared the life out of me - left in huge plume of dust asap!

Hiya

All been well I'll join you on saturday in the Tamora. I'm just awaiting the nod from Bananaman. I'm supposed to be putting an engine in his Westy but this is likely to be switched to Friday or the following week... hope you followed and understood that if you did give me a call and let me know what I meant! Can't do sunday as I have a show with the TVR Club @ Sherburn Airfield

Weather is looking like 20*C Sunny as is sunday :cool:

Buzz

All been well we'll be joining you at Skipton on Saturday it will be interesting to how far I get on a tank full. I think it will be fill up Skipton, Grange, Hawes and Ripon for me. (I'll bring a fuel can) :t-up:

Tex - I'll be keeping to the speed limit but thanks for the warning! Will you be joining us - what about at Castleton then Goathland, Whitby and Sandsend for lunch??

Rory's Dad

Marcus - Sunday's route is not quite right - it should go Kikrby Moorside to Castleton and then later from Stokesley to Helmsley and then retracing our route via Sutton Bank to Thirsk. I think I have it all under control :suspect:

Rory's Dad

Sorry Martin :(

Ps apologies I wont be at the Skipton meet getting car ready for Sat/Sun, hope its a good turn out get some pics up :t-up:

Not sure, I was going to have a chat tonight but laddo's rugby didn't finish till 815 at Tong so came straight home. Hopefully Matt will have sorted it.

Another great get together - wonderful journey there and back (for me), great countryside, lovely warm evening, superb pint of Landlord and 15 Westys all told but...

only Matt Turner and yours truly turned up from Yorkshire so that makes 13 Westys from Lancashire plus a bike engined Mini and a VX220. I know we've got lot's on but that's a pretty poor show from us as far as I'm concerned. What's your Westy for?? (/grump off)

I've got some piccy's (photographic evidence!) but still haven't figured out how to get them up on here! It's like "Make a dental appointment" at the bottom of every one of my to do lists :blush: :blush:

Anyway Steve Livesay said "let's do it again next month too" so that's a date for 20 June (subject to confirmation).

Rory's Dad

Right see you all Saturday @ 10am Fox & Grapes, going to Bananaman's next saturday!

Buzz

Andy/Matt/Buzz

We can pick you up at that lay-by just before the Grassington roundabout on the Skipton by pass. If we leave Harrogate at 10:30 we should be there by about 11:00 - 11:10 depending on the traffic. Andy/Matt please pm me your mobile number and I can confirm our departure time.

Rory's Dad

How manys out on the 1st day??

Buzz

PM sent Martin.

We'll aim to be at the layby for 11.