Cadwell 21St May

matt nossiter

Cracking day out, first track day for me pleased to put thr car through its paces (well i was trying to) i was a but slow early on until a ride with Jeff C soon showed me what was required and i soon got going much better then, although my words to heff wete 'my car will not do that lmao' . Thanks for making it a great day everyone, a nice friendly bunch

The quest for more power starts here LOL

Adz

Jeff*

bl**** touch screens with tight keyboards in full sun reflecting off my screen lol

Am absolutely gutted I missed this one.

Got back from Switzerland on Saturday, was good to go, Easytrack still had availability and then found out that, whilst I was away, one of my clients pulled the plug, owing me a chunk of money. Monday was spent finding out what was going on and seems I am well down the creditors list. :cry:

Oh well, there's always next time.

Sounds and looks like you all had a brilliant day, (Steve's woes aside), with plenty of 7 on 7 action!

Cracking pics Andrew, even if they simply highlighted what a great time I missed :d

How did you get on with the wider slicks at the front Matt?

Steve

Had and absolutely fantastic day and have to say what a track Cadwell is. I must admit i was slighlty concerned on the warm up lap where i was struggling to keep up. :-(. However confidence gained with every lap and session and was over the moon by the end and had some fantastic battles. When is the next one!

• Like 1

Indeed when us the next Cadwel? Lets not over sell it tho lmao it was nice having open pit lane. and lets get an early night next time pleaseeee.

Indeed when us the next Cadwel? Lets not over sell it tho lmao it was nice having open pit lane. and lets get an early night next time pleaseeee.

yep old timers like me should have been tucked up in bed by 9pm !!

As has been reported I had an early bath on this one, having caused a red flag with one failure at about 9.45, the plenum then failed while I was trying to stay with Jeff and Stoney. I also had Jeff a bit too close for comfort when my box selected neutral in the middle of Hall Bends, I think he must have had the full cartoon style eyes popping out of head on that one :oops:

Suffice to say there's a couple of jobs to do before the next outing!

Despite that I had a great day and rides with Matt, Stoney and Jeff were all very impressive. I was in with Jeff when a Radical came past and he decided that just wasn't acceptable, must have knocked 2-3 seconds off his laptimes chasing it down and passing it :devil:

An excellent day and good to see so many proper cars out playing on track.

Forgot to say, I should have some video so I'll try to get it sorted out and posted up.

I was in with Jeff when a Radical came past and he decided that just wasn't acceptable, must have knocked 2-3 seconds off his laptimes chasing it down and passing it :devil:

yeh was taking it easy til that point as was trying to drive correctly within the limits desperate not to push too much that i got understeer with an instructor in :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

think I prob did my quickest lap of the day hunting that radical down even with a passenger in, he came over afterwards for a chat to see what I had :d 10 / 10 for being a passenger though Steve , I dont how you can do it, Im the worst passenger going I brick it going to the supermarket with the mrs, Im so bad now she wont drive with me in the car, If was you sat beside someone driving like that I would have either jumped out or knocked you out :oops::blush::d :d

• Like 1

Lets just say it was one of the easier rides I've had this week ??? . Fast isn't a problem and you never really looked like chucking it off :t-up: .

Nice guy in the Radical, I overtook him on the way into Coppice earlier in the day and he came over to see what was powering me along and seemed OK about my slightly late manoeuvre :d

Had a cracking day , loads of se7ens to play with , good to meet some new faces .... and old ones ! . Shame about your car Steve , need to get it fixed before Croft ! . Thought I was going to have my own red flag moment when the bonnet pop up , thanks for the help fixing it .

As for Jeff thinking he was going to be abit rusty , I wish I was that rusty ! .

Thanks for taking me out for a session Pete , it was an eye opener ! , and some brilliant photos Andrew , didnt realise you were taking that many .

Steve , didnt use the tyres in the end , thought I might be better off trying to learn how to drive the track rather than worry about a little bit of understeer , which after taking SteveH's advice with the front bar was transformed into slight oversteer :oops: , that concentrates the mind going into Coppice ( ? ) !

Bring on the next one !

Lets just say it was one of the easier rides I've had this week ??? . Fast isn't a problem and you never really looked like chucking it off :t-up: .

Nice guy in the Radical, I overtook him on the way into Coppice earlier in the day and he came over to see what was powering me along and seemed OK about my slightly late manoeuvre :d

I was on right behind you when you passed him, I contemplated following you through , but concluded he hadnt really seen you so wasnt going to be expecting me :laugh: and ur A*** nips the seat entering Copice Flat out on the racing line without doing it from the inside of the track so I decided against the move , yours was a beauty though :t-up::d :d :d

As for Jeff thinking he was going to be abit rusty , I wish I was that rusty ! .

Matt, its just a confidence thing,as I said I would expect to go as fast in a busa, Ive done Cadders a few times years ago and that helps going back with circuit knowlegde even after a few years both Ross in the caterham and adam in the orange westy were first time there and struggling with pace on the morning but after I took them both out for a session they realised what speeds the corners can be taken at and were flying in the afternoon! I dare bet your lap times fell once you had a session after being in with Pete :d

I'm uploading my view of that session now, should only take a few days with my lousy BT broadband ???