Non Westy: Max5 (Mazda Mx-5 Race Series) Blog

AdamR

Thanks guys, glad you find them interesting!

Videos are up - both pretty long, but constant action throughout.

Race 1:

Race 2:

• 1 month later...

We were at Anglesey this weekend and had a fantastic time! 2 qualifying sessions, 3 races (1 wet and 2 dry), karting and pizza on the Friday evening, meal out on the Saturday, lots of banter and action throughout the field.

I've combined everything into one video which is pretty long, but the best bits are at Rocket on the first lap of race 1 at 0:50, a very slippery encounter with Matt from 3:58 onwards, race 2 start at 10:13, Rob grass-tracking at 14:34, race 3 start at 17:09, overtaking at 18:37, 19:18 and 20:00, and then a 10 minute position-swapping tussle with Amy from 20:50 til the end of the video, which includes overtakes at 23:23, 25:57, 26:33, 27:34, 29:10 and 30:35 (last corner of the last lap!).

If you click this link to go to YouTube then all the times where action happens will be clickable in the video description, or you can watch / scroll through below. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Great video Adam - looks like you had fun  :t-up:

Excellent

Plenty less entertaining racing on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed watching these vid - keep em coming Adam!

• 1 month later...

Latest update has been a while coming, but here goes...

After Anglesey, things were tight at the top of the standings, so the next race weekend at Cadwell was important. I'd had a really rough month and was really looking forward to getting away from everything and getting stuck in...

However, in the practice session, this happened:

oops.jpg

Resulting in this:

smash1.jpg

It was completely my fault, just got it wrong through the Gooseneck and got a wheel on the wet grass (dry track). I was totally fine, just bashed my leg on the cage, but the car was a write-off.

So I ended up with this (THANKS Rodders):

brg.jpg

And a month later following many late nights after work it ended up like this:

new1.jpg

Had a trackday yesterday to shake it down and all was well, apart from spongy brakes which I can't for the life of me work out!

Next up is Brands Hatch at the end of the month - never been to that track before, so looking forward to it...

Woooh there!   One car bows out and you already have another to go,   Your a fast worker Adam.   Hope you're still in with a chance of some sort of honours this season.

Bad luck with the old car, and good luck with the new!  :yes: 

• 2 years later...

Bit of a bump... but I was back at MaX5 this weekend for one race, sharing my old car with the new owner. This meant I didn't get to do a qualifying session and would start at the back... Made for a bl**** fun race though!

Seems that a couple of extra years of experience pays off - now around 2s faster than last time I drove this car on this circuit, in exactly the same spec...

• Like 2

Shame i was on saturday instead of sunday... Brillant driving as Saïd though many other channels...

• 3 years later...