Goodwood Next Weekend

Paul Morcom

Heading :westy: to Goodwood for the first time this coming weekend for the sprint on the Saturday.

I will be arriving on Friday evening - does anyone know if camping is available? :no:

Also any recommendations for nearby B&B or hotels? :yes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davidgh

• pete g

• leemarkadams

• MartinH

Paul

I'm fairly certain there's no camping on the circuit, we've booked into a Travellodge at Fontwell about 5 miles from the circuit. Mega quick track you'll enjoy it.

For those who like to know such things there's 6 Westfields entered, one a double drive:

George Newrick

Graham Frankland

Martin Hepworth

Paul Morcom

John Tomlinson

David Hussey

Peter Steel

Can anybody tell me what time the track opens for the first practice runs.

TIA

Mel

There is a drivers briefing at 8:30am, so shortly after that I would guess.

Martin you missed out my old man, he is now in :t-up:

Just got to hope it's either dry so I can have a nice ride down on the Ninja or p******** wet for some interesting spectating :p

See you guys there

Good luck guys

Hope it isn't too wet for you. Weather forecast for Wiscombe doesn't look brilliant. :( :( :(

Oz is on hold at the moment due to the other half and a change of plans to invest in bricks and mortar :suspect:

Well il see you guys on Saturday rain or shine :t-up:

Well -- Goodwood was horrible from almost every point of view . . . . . . . :down:

Tell all then

Very wet. Nastily slippery. Badly delayed -- culminating in a really horrible accident to a Caterham driver requiring a rescue helicopter and causing a delay of well over an hour -- after which the event was abandoned. Most Westie drivers did not get a single timed run -- but, in truth, the accident had saddened us to the extent that our enthusiasm was non-existent anyway. :down:

Not good

Horrible is a fair desciption, said accident was an impact with the pit wall, it happenedd in front of some of the Westfield drivers waiting for their run. Nothing good to take away from this event.