3 Sisters & Championship Points

Paul Aspden

Stuart what part of "I'm not intersted in your TT's" don't you understand :arse:

turn up drive enjoy yourself and go home happy , you do it to be happy at the end of the day ,simples

if you dont like tt there are other championships you can do but stop f***** whining about tt's its getting boring now ,whatever system is used there are people who will still not be happy ,thats life get one and move the **** on for **** sake

• Like 1

Well Mid LC

There's no need to call me an A***.

I can only assume from your comment , and the fact that you cant come up with reasons to support your argument , that the real reason you dont like TTs is that you are scared that people will see how slow you are

Stuart

I for one as you know support you and the target time system... so there you are Mick, some support from a SSOT member.!!

As webmaster puts it, we do our best not put our individual and personal views on the forum as all this does is feed argument from usually people who just want to ****** off target times or whatever else is flavour of the month to b***h about.

Let me make a couple of things clear:

1. The decisions made by the SSOT are debated and voted on and discussed before they are put into the regs. This does NOT mean that we individually or personally agree on ALL the decisions made, however all are discussed and voted on democratically. There are certain aspect of the regs I dont personally agree with, however I will keep what they are to myself and will lobby Nick and the rest of the team when it is appropriate to do so.

I will be at a few events this year so if any competing driver has any points they want raising with the team then speak to me personally and I will raise it on your behalf or drop Nick an email.

2. The SSOT does listen toconstructive critisism or observation such as those highlighted by Paul Aspden in his opening post. Not every eventuality can be forseen when a new rule is introduced. These observations and critisisms will be looked at by the SSOT and ways will sought to resolve the issues if it is deemed to be a problem.

3. Do I agree with target time system ?

Yes I do, and for the record I was a sceptic at first however having raced under both systems I can say that the TT system has made me a quicker driver, and certainly doesnt detract from anyones enjoyment on the day.

You have to drive your nuts off even more under this system, which is, after all, the whole point.

In 2010 Barney won the championship outright which he would'nt have done under the old system, so are you saying that someone who probably should have won the championship years ago but couldnt because of lack of numbers, isnt a worthy champion.

What is the value of winning a championship against little or no competition.

Mid Life you are entitled to your opinion however, frankly, I find your description of the whole thing a dogs dinner as offensive, and I as i cant remember you showing your face in the paddock for the past three years at least, I think its a bit rich to be ******ging it, and the SSOT off!

From what I remember you were quite sucessfull when you were competing so what on earth is your problem, if you entered you would probably be still winning trophies. What are you afraid of ? ......getting beaten !

The fact that entries are down is sod all to do with target times. All clubs are struggling and we lost a couple of events last year due to the economic climate.

The cost of Diesel and travelling to the events is really hurting the national championships. It is noticable for example that the Longton club still seems to be strong on entries probably due to that fact that they only run at North West Circuits therefore keeping cost down. They can do that as a local club but we dont have that luxury.!

Thats my rant over..............for now.

• Like 3

turn up drive enjoy yourself and go home happy , you do it to be happy at the end of the day ,simples if you dont like tt there are other championships you can do but stop f***** whining about tt's its getting boring now ,whatever system is used there are people who will still not be happy ,thats life get one and move the **** on for **** sake

Well said Steve !

I can't help thinking this is an impossible argument to win. "I'm not interested in your TTs." then my question is quite simple: why are you taking part in the debate on this thread? It doesn't seem to be relevant to you?

I'm an "also ran" in the speed series, and I enjoy taking part in it, regardless of the scoring method, provided that the people who win are the fastest. Personally, I cannot imagine a more friendly and helpful bunch of people taking part in competition. I've had lots of help and advice from those I compete against, and I wouldn't want to compete in any other championship. However, if you prefer to compete elsewhere, then great and I hope you enjoy it, but don't pretend you do so because of our scoring method!

• Like 3

Guys I have had my say but must now say that I am fully behind the efforts of the SSOT. Unlike MLC I only want to make points that need a debate and will improve our championship in the long term. It is the best series around by a long shot. Some of the points raised are valid but there is no easy or clear cut solution. See you in the paddock at as many events as I can. Lets hope we all keep beating the TT. I had a good go in the new blade at 3 sisters and whilst on track the fact I am against TT or other competitors never crosses my mind cos I am too busy screwing the best out of the car

• Like 2

This has been done to death now. I think it's time we all accepted that no system will suit everyone. I for one don't agree with all that has been implemented in the last year or so and have aired my views publically and to the SSOT, However, I accept that the descisions made are valid and fair, or certainly as fair as they could be.

We all make informed choices, no-one is forcing anyone to compete in our Championship, accept it for what it is or move on. Steve/MLC, you have made your point but are in danger of alienating yourself from people who I think you would have classed as paddock friends in the past, don't let your personal views get confused with what I read as personal insults. You've voted with your feet, you've made your point.

There is absolutely no harm in debating valid points but jeezus, let's all take a deep breath and not get personal. We are allowing ourselves to destroy our reputation as both a fantastic FRIENDLY club and Excellent championship. Toys back in prams please.

Out.

• Like 2

This has been done to death now. I think it's time we all accepted that no system will suit everyone. I for one don't agree with all that has been implemented in the last year or so and have aired my views publically and to the SSOT, However, I accept that the descisions made are valid and fair, or certainly as fair as they could be.

We all make informed choices, no-one is forcing anyone to compete in our Championship, accept it for what it is or move on. Steve/MLC, you have made your point but are in danger of alienating yourself from people who I think you would have classed as paddock friends in the past, don't let your personal views get confused with what I read as personal insults. You've voted with your feet, you've made your point.

There is absolutely no harm in debating valid points but jeezus, let's all take a deep breath and not get personal. We are allowing ourselves to destroy our reputation as both a fantastic FRIENDLY club and Excellent championship. Toys back in prams please.

Out.

Well said Scottish Bloke, my first event at Gurston tomorrow weather looks crap not even considering TT now got a headache and lost the pills,

Thanks

Pete

Wow!

Having read through all the posts I have to say, sorry for starting a war!

Firstly, Thanks to the SSOT for organising the speed series. Clearly we don't all agree with the points scoring system, but it doesn't stop anyone form competing, thats a decision made by the competitor.

My original post highlighted an anomoly in the target times for 3 sisters. Hopefully the SSOT can see beyond the flaw and will note that I further suggest making no changes to the system.

Target times in my opinion are fine, it will just take time to sort itself out, which would also have been the case if last years TT's had been retained....hence the request to leave them alone and let time run its course and set the target times...no more ste's, they are artificial.

Paul