• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kevip6

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Matt F

I've just been reminded by the organiser that today is the deadline to pay for the place before it gets offered back out again. so if you're still a provisional booking then make sure you pay up. And if you're after a space and it's fully booked then keep your eye on it as spaces may become available.

Also, found out its £1100 to get the venue for a group event and that's if you supply your own marshalls! So the £39 is a bargain, and one they've said wont last long!

I've just been reminded by the organiser that today is the deadline to pay for the place before it gets offered back out again. so if you're still a provisional booking then make sure you pay up. And if you're after a space and it's fully booked then keep your eye on it as spaces may become available.

Also, found out its £1100 to get the venue for a group event and that's if you supply your own marshalls! So the £39 is a bargain, and one they've said wont last long!

Good advise, thanks. A guy at work has just bought at pre-lit and logged on Sat to see that there were 3 spaces back on. He (Paul) is now booked up with his mate who is bringing his Cobra..

He is in Colchester and will post himself when he eventually gets round to joining up.....Come on Paul, if you do it soon you can arrange to drive over with the other guys from North Essex..

Excellent :t-up: and another Westfield in Colchester too :t-up:

• 3 weeks later...

not long now folks :t-up: - you got your cars ready?

The cars ready, not sure if the weather is though!

Got my LSD in place now so will be good to get used to that on an empty airfield. Not getting the rear arch repaired until after the day either in case it's bad for stones etc...

Really looking forward to it. Might test out my new trailer and tow the car there so I can take tools and spare wheels.

No stone issues at north weald.

280 miles in to some fanastic roads, only another 1000 miles to go.

Got my LSD in place now so will be good to get used to that on an empty airfield. Not getting the rear arch repaired until after the day either in case it's bad for stones etc...

Really looking forward to it. Might test out my new trailer and tow the car there so I can take tools and spare wheels.

Not been there before but it may be a really good place to practice your reversing with the trailer, I have just bought a caravan and am off to find a big empty car park to practice, it's not as easy as it looks!

I am not booked in for the activity day but i would like to come and watch,can anyone tell me if thats possible and if so what time does it start. :oops:

here you go

DIRECTIONS

North Weald Airfield is off Junction 7 on the M11. Follow the signs for North Weald Market and this will take you straight to the airfield. There will be only 1 gate open on the day, next to the Air Traffic Control Tower. The person on the gate will direct you to where you will need to be.

You will need to bring your driving licence with you on the day. There are food facilities located on the airfield. The day will begin at 9.00am and finish at approximately 4.00pm. Spectators are allowed onto the airfield but there are no facilities for them to sit and watch.

Please note that as your vehicle will be cornering at speed, you may need to inflate your tyres more than you would normally. Vehicles such as the Lotus Elise, Caterham etc are usually ok as they are lightweight and designed for high speed cornering, but cars such as Subaru Imprezas, Porsches, Madzas, TVRs etc are recommended to inflate their tyres to the maximum stated on the tyre itself to protect the side wall of the tyre. There is a garage just off the M11 roundabout (on the A414 towards Harlow) where you can do this before the event. We usually have a tyre pressure gauge so that you can decrease the tyres before your journey home!

LEARNING THE CIRCUIT

The circuit we will use is shown in our Car Limits game – why not have a play to help you learn where you need to go on the day. Don’t worry, they’ve used a bit of ‘artistic license’ we don’t really have helicopters and people to mow down on the circuit!

http://www.carlimits.com/game/

ITINERARY

09.00am

Meet on the airfield. Once most people have arrived there will be a briefing by the instructor.

9.30am - 4.00pm

A large group day with the following activities;

High speed bend.

Small circuit.

Medium Circuit

Sprint Circuit included weather/time permitting

Lunch will be at the restaurant, at around 12:00pm.

If you need anymore information please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing sales@carlimits.com or by phoning 01279 874 797.

Sales Department

www.carlimits.com

Tel: 01279 874 797

Fax: 01792 427059

I am not booked in for the activity day but i would like to come and watch,can anyone tell me if thats possible and if so what time does it start. :oops:

I think they said you can bring people along but there aren't facilities for spectators. I'll have a spare passenger seat if you want to come along and if you can't get close to the action to see you can hop in my car?

With regards to. Practising trailer reversing, I had to do this in anger on the day I picked up my trailer as I parked in an empty overflow car park at a garden center only to get back to a full car park with most of the cars double parked. Took me a few attempts to get the trailer wheels over enough to get it out!

Was a bit stressful but a good test!

not long now folks :t-up: - you got your cars ready?

washed, waxed, clay and polished :cool: that's for stoneleigh :oops::d

Then when it gets back i'll need to change the wheels and roll bar :oops:

And i've got my tuxedo ready for the evening :oops: it's going to be a long and busy day for me :bangshead: