Rufforth

Westfields Rock On

theres a long way to go and a short time to get there........ we're gonna do what they say cant be done...........

Smokey and the Bandit

So whats happnin you somb***h, sheriff Buford T Justice.

Whos going to rufforth?

whats happenin there?

and where the #### is my coffee??!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm  Rufforth's not looking good.  In fact it's not looking on :(  What the Yorks group needs to do is get organised.  My guess is that when something is on the cards like Rufforth and in danger of not happening, wherever anyone can chip in to help organise, then to do so.

Maybe this is one for the Fox & Grapes car park!

ssoooooooooooo..... its not a case of, turn up at rufforth, make some smoke and leave?

eg. of what needs to be organised?

i have discovered i have a little bit of time on my hands. :D  :0

We need an official AO and then I guess give them organisational help when needed.  Hopefully something will happen on tuesday at the fox & grapes & maybe take it from there.....

I can confirm the Rufforth meeting is off and will be held at the F+G as usual!

Keep an eye open in the future for alittle play time at Rufforth or Tockwith organised by the East Yorkshire Area!

I will post it on here when sorted!

Cheers

Kevin

East Yorks AO

Nice to see your reading your events calender for the Yorkshire area!  

What it says is "organiser required" which means we need someone to organise the event.

"Rant mode"

It may have escaped peoples notice, but a core of 7 or 8 people appear to arrange every event in Yorkshire, & I for one have had enough!  Harewood, Elvington, the AO job, hassal about no Cadwell, a business to run etc.....

If someone wants to organise an event, FANTASTIC, but don't expect to just turn up & play, these things don't happen on their own.  All the people who keep this club going (Locally & Nationally) do so in THEIR own time, we need to share the workload more or we'll end up with nothing happening.

Volunteering to assist in organising events is great, but what we need are individuals willing to manage events, the assistants will then have someone to lead them!

"Rant over"

So, the next Yorkshire area meeting is at the Fox & Grapes A64 between Tadcaster & Leeds at 8pm on Tuesday. Be there or else!

Paul

Acting AO.....but not for long Charlie...........

:D

Paul

You have been doing a great job for the Yorkshire boys!

I have taken over a 1/4 of the Yorkshire area, surely theres some others that can take on other parts or a team to do the remainder??

Good luck in the search for a new AO - Yorkshire is toooooooo big to lose as an Area so come on you Yorkies pull your finger out!  :D

:0   :D   ???   :)

Paul,

I have no problem with organising events or assisting in organising events.. but how's it done within the club?

For example if I wanted to arrange a track / airfield day next year - do I have to pay the deposit myself, could I end up out of pocket if no b******* turns up?  With potential costs like insurance, track / airfield costs, portaloo hire, burger van, cone hire, St John's ambulance, Marshalls, etc - you could end up thousands out of pocket.

So, the question is - are these events arranged with club money?

As you know, I'm a freelance project manager and have no problem volunteering for some organisational work - but not at the risk of potential personal expense. I'm just casting my mind back to the Yorkshire Area karting evening where I know the kind individuals that arranged it ended up out of pocket.

Jon

I didn't end up out of pocket... fortunately for me the area picked up the tab... but it can't happen again, it's embarrasing for the organiser and financial suicide for the club.

like Paul I have had my belly-full of organising events that are not supported, (not just with the WSCC, but with other clubs as well)

Trackdays are my thing, I have been organising them for more than ten years now, mainly at Croft but also at Cadwell, Donnington, Silverstone, Oulton and Bedford. It is harder now than it ever was to drum up supporters, people are just not interested and the annual 'club' trackday is not the draw it once was... you can just about roll up at any trackday nowadays and join in last minute... without all the forward planning and arranging extra time off work.

So Jon... if you were to jump in at the deep end and arrange a trackday (like I did the first time)... where would the deposit come from.... and what if you were not fully subscribed.

Most circuits will let you bail out without much penalty up to six weeks before the event... but the bookings don't come in till after that anyway.... you will have a hard time getting people to pay up early and it knackers up your cash flow.

It is always a gamble with a trackday, you need to be confident you can rustle up around sixty paying punters to make it break even, let alone leave you with a profit to pay the deposit on the next one.

see you Tuesday at the pub.