Track Day Raf Wittering Near Peterborough - June 2Nd

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Home safe as I hope everyone else is...

Great day out, sorry a few of us had technical problems :down:

I'll get some photos / video up later.

Tony, you'll pleased to know I did not survive the whole day without problems! I too sprung a leak! From the water rail - discovered as I got home and wondered what all the water was dripping out of the engine bay and why the expansion tank was empty... :cry:

So - does Cleggy win the "Go to a track day up the road and come back without anything broken" award...?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• Andy Banks

• LocoR1

great day again - I do love my track days especially when a bunch of us get together :love:

such a shame there were some problems with some/most of the cars

umm yes Andy - slightly smugg :d:t-up:

Well me and my bruv had a good day.

Gutted for Bryan and his massive breakdown.

Andy i'm not pleased that you had problems as well,but :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (Only kidding ) Glad its like mine and only minor.

Thanks to clark for his quick fix to my car and to Kev for trying to fix something that was beyond repair.

We really had a great day and it was nice to be in such good company again.

We look forward to the next one

Cheers

Tony

Andrew

Much shorter track and quite twisty.

Think i prefer cottesmore.

No rain and no pics :laugh:

Tony

enjoyed the track - probably a better track for a seven as there are some great series of bends that I thought flowed better than say the complex at cottesmoore - track is half the length which meant there was a little queing at the start of the day

not much overtaking space is perhaps the only criticism - there were a couple of unhelpful tin top drivers that were rocket ships down the straights but were slowing us up big time under braking and cornering - I ended up shoving it up the inside under braking in the end due to frustration

the facilities are poor compared to cottesmoore though - the toilets were minging and there is no canteen to sit down in comfort - the burger van was ok though

so yeah it is a nice track - I would go again for defo but is only just down the road for me

but as a whole it is not quite as good as cottesmoore mainly down to facilities

Oh and lets not forget dave for taking photos of everyones techie problems :laugh:

Great day out again chaps....thanks for the passenger rides! although cant say i particularly enjoyed the high speed spin my brother inflicted on me :suspect:

Was a bad day on cars for some reason.....spotted at least 3 other cars that finished the day early on top of Kev's and Brian's

Some pictures on my Facebook album here: https://www.facebook...96561774&type=3

Its a public album so anyone should be able to see it!

Dave.

Oh and lets not forget dave for taking photos of everyones techie problems :laugh:

As i told you its a new camera so it would be rude not to! :d :d :laugh:

Enjoyed the day right up to the point the SR2 gave up on me, no really it was a good day these things happen, big thanks to Clarke (Cleggy) for the piggy back ride on his trailor back home.

Oh Dave i think you better watch your back next time we are all out again you just never know who'll be pointing a camera at you, on a positive note though apart from the one picture of me sunbathig my teeth i look quite handsome don't i.

Rubbish pics from me...

wit02.jpg

wit01.jpg

The Leak

witleak.jpg

well glad it was not on today - been p******** it down all morning

Had a great day there till I ran out of talent . :down:

The starter motor didn't like going backwards at a good speed :oops: but that's all the damage :)

Must say a thank u to everyone that gave me a passenger ride in the afternoon made it a good day :yes:

Kev...................