What Type/make Of Anti Roll Bars Do You Recommend

CSRacing

Hello newbie question here,

What type/make of anti roll bars do you recommend for 2011 Westfield AeroRace (without wide track front)

Done a few searches and i know of Westfield's own ones and Plays Kool.

will be racing with CSCC Mag 7, and will be track/race only.

whats the best one to go for? as hear the west filed one is very stiff

cheers

Playskool suits me fine, and reasonable cost.

Siltech Racing make a nice one.

They need to be at that price!! Haven't looked at the price of the similar looking Playskool ones recently, but I'd be surprised if they are that much. And they (Playskool that is) are members and sponsors of this Club.

The Playskool are very good, I fitted a set over winter and have been very pleased. Be aware though that, (unless they've changed), on many Westfields, they're not just a quick bolt on job. If you don't have rear wishbones with ARB brackets built in already, and don't want to get the Playskool mounting plates welded on to your existing wishbones, you can get some clamp on mounts from Westfield, they're not cheap, but they are available.

I found they also needed a bit more "finishing work" compared to say the Westfield factory kits - that's not a criticism by the way, the Playskool bars cost much less than the factory bars, so seems a fair trade!

I found the relative stiffness of the Playskool bars better for me, than the factory jobs.

Thanks everyone for you comments and advice too on how to use them, I'm sold on the Playskool ones

cheers

Please come back here and tell us all abut how you get on racing in the Mag 7 series. I too would like to do this one day (I'd like to do anything again one day actually) Hopefully Ill get my car going again this year and maybe get to do a race sometime soon (been saying that for the past 5 years) but you never know.

Keith.

I found they also needed a bit more "finishing work" compared to say the Westfield factory kits - that's not a criticism by the way, the Playskool bars cost much less than the factory bars, so seems a fair trade!

Hopefully got the finishing work sorted out now as previously the bars were powdercoated but the powdercoat was so inconsistant on thickness it was causing nightmares with machining! We've now got an Electropainted finish instead, so visibly they don't look any different but the thickness problem is no more so everything fits alot better making the kits alot easier to fit and hopefully won't cause anyone any problems.

Next in the pipeline is to try and sort out the mounts on the rear. We'll also be offering different bars to suit your requirements too. :-)

Excellent news. Had a few longer runs out with the bars on now the cars baseline geo has been re done, feels so much better with the Plays-Kool bars, even before they're fully tweaked setting wise.

Sorry, do you mean roll bar as in the thing that stops your head being squished if you turn the car over in an accident or anti roll bars, as in part of the suspension?

(the thread was about anti roll bars!)

Hopefully got the finishing work sorted out now as previously the bars were powdercoated but the powdercoat was so inconsistant on thickness it was causing nightmares with machining! We've now got an Electropainted finish instead, so visibly they don't look any different but the thickness problem is no more so everything fits alot better making the kits alot easier to fit and hopefully won't cause anyone any problems.

Next in the pipeline is to try and sort out the mounts on the rear. We'll also be offering different bars to suit your requirements too. :-)

Cheers will be ordering some this week :-) Payday. Will get to see what is like at Snetterton without anti roll bars thursday too, first real test

Please come back here and tell us all abut how you get on racing in the Mag 7 series. I too would like to do this one day (I'd like to do anything again one day actually) Hopefully Ill get my car going again this year and maybe get to do a race sometime soon (been saying that for the past 5 years) but you never know.

Keith.

No Problems, will share my pain and joy i hope. and its never to late to join the series ;-)

Hi. If it is off any interest we have been fabricating anti-roll bars for the Westfields for the last 20 years. However we do not sell th items over the phone Etc we require the car in the workshop to allow us to dyno test the dampers and springs to ascertain what strength of bars are required. This then allows us to custom fabricate the correct strength of bar for the application. price for a fully fitted bar starts at £265.

Matt

Matt and Ivan (Procomp) manufactured and replaced the front wishbones and also did a full geo set-up including damper dyno.

I am very pleased with the results and would thoroughly recommend them.

Andy