Fonts

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

When posting I occassionally get either a minute font or strikethrough font for no apparent reason when typing in the new post. is this a common fault, just me or am i doing something wrong?

Not experienced it personally, but what browser are you using? I notice that if I type something in the boards using Comic Sans font in Firefox, then look at the same post later using my iPad, it comes out as a kind of handwriting script font.

I've experienced the same. It's all dependant on where your cursor is in the dialogue box when you click it to write. If it's high up you end up selecting a strange font... done it myself, and the only way out for me was to start again! :blush:

It's probably user error.. :blush:

The way it happens with me is, when I go to reply to a post, the dialogue box is empty.. just a white box. When I click on the mouse to begin writing my pearls of wisdom.. the toolbar at the top of the box appears.

Now if the cursor happens to be over a font selection box, or underscore etc.. it gets selected. My pearls of wisdom are then written in italic or bold or tiny.. whatever was selected. At that point I usually gave up and started again. :(

I have since discovered, the accidental selection can be de-selected by clicking the appropriate icon. If bold was selected.. click on the B to de-select. Underscore .. and out again! :t-up:

This is probably all common knowledge to PC whizzkids. :p

Would be easier if the tool bar was visible permanently, then the accidental font selections wouldn't occur.OK? :laugh:

its got a mind of its own for me :oops:

Yup, happens to me too. I usually end up with an 8 point font so I need a magnifying glass to read it. It's annoying... Back button then forward button usually fixes it... :durr::bangshead::o:oops::down:

Ta

To be fair, I have a 24" monitor and run Firefox 11.0 with the Zoom Page 3.0 add-on, and set the page magnification to 120% for the boardroom, which makes everything on screen bigger and reduces the chances of pressing the wrong icon or hitting a scroll bar by accident.

To be fair, I have a 24" monitor and run Firefox 11.0 with the Zoom Page 3.0 add-on, and set the page magnification to 120% for the boardroom, which makes everything on screen bigger and reduces the chances of pressing the wrong icon or hitting a scroll bar by accident.

I dont think it's anything to do with pressing the wrong icon.. It's when faced with a blank white square to write in, the natural tendancy is to place the cursor in the top left corner, as you would writing on a sheet of paper?

So, cursor top left corner, click on the mouse.. toolbar appears.. and simultaneously, dependind on the exact position of the cursor, you've selected an unwanted font. is that clear? ;)

Er, yes and no, never once have I had the problem myself, but I don't doubt that others have had it. I do kinda sorta understand what you're saying, though. :) But try as I might, I can't screw it up - unlike most other things in my life! :d

I have noticed it with the laptop with the touch/pressure scroll pad malarkey, it seems quite sensitive on this toolbar for some reason. I haven't had a problem using a mouse .