Bad News Diggle

Mark Stanton

A major dilemma Diggle  ???  Joe Satriani is playing the Academy in Brum on 19 July 2002  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Same  :arse: day as Mallory Park  :arse:

Decisions & Choices -

Have Beer watch Satriani play some wicked strings have more beer and a curry  :cool:

or

Spend all day at Mallory Park doing about 100miles of track use  :D  :)  get home then have beer and a curry  :cool:  whilst listening to a CD of Satriani  :D

Thank god for CD player in the mobile tent - Satriani plays Mallory Park  :)  :p  :D  ;)

Has anyone spotted if he's playing any more UK dates  ???

Hey Mark at least you have a decent choice to make.

I can't go to Mallory, well actually I am not allowed to go to Mallory :(

I've been told by my better half it's to do with the fact that we get married the next day :0  :0

:durr:

Is this a sign of things to come?

John

mark.

nice taste in music i see,do you like a little steve vai aswell!!

oh yeah congrats to john,i had a choice to make  once the wife or the westfield,i must admit i miss the wife now & again ???

will

Bad luck John - I can't see the problem though  ???  ceremony is on Saturday 20 July and Mallory is 19 July  ???  The two don't clash so its easy Mallory on 19 - get back to base have a few bevvies - then get hitched on Saturday  ;)  :D  :)  You need to lay a few ground rules - just nail her feet to the kitchen floor within reach of cooker and sink  :devil: and see how she likes that  :p

Good Luck - all the best for the future  ;)  :D  :)

Will

Yep managed to see Steve Vai last year in Wolverhampton - thought he was good....... but he seemed to think he was better  ;)  Eric Bibb was was a tighter gig - saw him a couple of days before at RH 2 in Bilston - another Midlands hot spot

There's a few rock / bluesy enthusiasts hang around here. :cool:  :D  :)

:D  :D  :D

Will, sorry to hear that you miss the wife!!

Got to say my wife to be is a real diamond   :love:

I made sure I had the Westfield before we decided to get married and she knows it is part of the family. She obviously likes it because an MX5 joined the Westie in the garage, claiming that I bought it for her as a wedding present  :0

However she does occasionally grumble about the time I spend in the garage tinkering and on the web looking at this forum, but not as long as I used to spend on the golf course when I was playing international amateur golf.

She did ask if the Westie would figure as wedding transport, haven't decided, could make an interesting sight with the driver and passenger in full HIghland regalia on the way to the church

:D  :D

John

Mark,

I've already tried that one claiming it is the day before. Even Richard Salisbury has tried to back me up but she can be such a tough women  ;)  ;)

I haven't seen my pre-nuptial yet and with her being a lawyer it will probably have many volumes  :D  :D

And no doubt the 18days of the honeymoon, there will be 18 days of glorious weather in the UK and I'll miss them all  ???

John

Well all I can say is good luck .... it must be true  :love: the real thing  ;)

To give up golf and marry a lawyer  :blush:  ;)

See ya at Mallory in 2003 - or there's Elvington in August - just after your honeymoon - or Curborough in June the options are varied, there rests the case for the defence.

I'm a member at N. Worcs G.C. and can dissapear for hours and hours - that 19th is a real tough hole  ;)  :D  :)

Thanks Mark,

Someone's got to wash my socks  :D

I stopped playing golf competitively a few years ago. I stopped enjoying it, one of the problems of maintaining a 1 handicap around Carnoustie was all the practice I had to do:(

What do you play off and is the 19th usually the only hole you are under par on  ;) Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like being a professional (was offered a post in the US).

Curborough will be ok for me in June  :t-up:  :t-up:

John

A major dilemma Diggle    Joe Satriani is playing the Academy in Brum on 19 July 2002        

Same   day as Mallory Park  

Decisions & Choices -

Have Beer watch Satriani play some wicked strings have more beer and a curry  

or

Spend all day at Mallory Park doing about 100miles of track use      get home then have beer and a curry    whilst listening to a CD of Satriani  

Thank god for CD player in the mobile tent - Satriani plays Mallory Park        

Has anyone spotted if he's playing any more UK dates  

No decision to make for me. I went to see Satriani play in Manchester a few years ago. Adrian Legg opened for him and I left the Satriani set half way through due to boredom! I went to try and find an all night record shop that sold Legg CDs.

If Legg is supporting him again (which I doubt) I would be very tempted but Satriani is all flash and no substance lately. And others are much better at it than he is

Bring back the days of Always with me, always with you and Summer Song. He's been listening to too much Prodigy I think.

I'll take the guitar to Mallory if you want and massacre some Satch tunes and some Vai too. I do a really really bad SRV too. (That's bad as in bad, not bad as in good) :p

John

I got down to 5 handicap a few years back - but as you say the practice to keep things going was spoiling my enjoyment - I'm now back up to 16  :arse:. when I was in Aussie in January with all that warm sun - I was playing to about 10 (with borrowed clubs). I was once offered an assistants job in my youf  :cool:  But thought of the security in the Structural Engineering profession instead  :arse:  :arse:  :durr:

Diggle - thanks for the gig review - I'll play the CD's instead

Hey Mark,

Good to hear that it isn't your clubs that were your handicap  :D  5 is a pretty good handicap and with the way they do the h'cap system you need a lot of good rounds to get down.

I took the 'easy' option and went to uni to study Chemistry and Biology instead of flogging Top Flites to crappy Yank golfers.

It could have been pretty tough being an assistant pro teaching he yanks that they couldn't have a swing like Faldo because they had enjoyed the 19th too much  :0  :0

John

Hey John,

A few points to make here, having read this thread!

1 As you already know, I use Top Flite balls and I'm not as good at Golf as you, but I'm not crappy! I'm also not yank.

2 I can confirm the earlier comment about your better half - she is a diamond!

3 I think the fact that you're not going to Mallory is down to you, not her!

4 Don't worry, I'll give you a call from Mallory to let you know how much fun we're all having!

Bye for now, see you soon!

Regards

Richard

And I'm sure we could find a golf course local to Mallory and swing a few bats  ;)  :D  :)  :cool:

Oh well this is just absolutely brilliant !! You guys are going racing and getting to swing your bats and no doubt play a great 19th hole as well.  :(

Right that's it, wedding is postponed, and got enough time to corner weight my swing and get the pin positions for Gerard's

:p

John