Flood Control

CedricTheBrave

A minor irritation is flood control! is this really necessary for members?

Depends on the member! :laugh: It might have been put in with me in mind! :laugh: But I know what you mean, a minor irritation sometimes.

Actually, these flood controls are set very generously. I've been on boards set to three-minute intervals.

With me around, I'm surprised it isn't set to one week intervals!

/best not to tempt fate

//never mind...

///who, me, officer?

Turn engine over with the throttle fully depressed initiates flood control for me :d

• Like 1

Ditto, one every 20secs is very slow, if you get no results, redfine, search again, WAITING, WAITING....

Something like 5 searches every 60seconds is proberbly more usful.

Also, while I know it adds load, it would be usful if the charactor limit could be reduced from 3 to 2.

Daniel

Also, while I know it adds load, it would be usful if the charactor limit could be reduced from 3 to 2.

Agree to disagree with you on that, already been dropped from 4 to 3, going to 2 would open the flood gates (geddit?) and make the searches way too random.

At least THIS search facility actually works! :laugh: Still top marks to the Tigger and Co for these boards from me :t-up:

Actually, the three character limit is a right pain, search on JK Composites, Computer Say NO, AP Brakes, Computer Say NO once more! Need to tweak the search string, whoops Computer Say NO, well OK, wait 20 seconds.

I'm surprised how much I'm resorting to Google searches again. But no big deal. ;)

Actually, the three character limit is a right pain, search on JK Composites, Computer Say NO, AP Brakes, Computer Say NO once more! Need to tweak the search string, whoops Computer Say NO, well OK, wait 20 seconds.

I'm surprised how much I'm resorting to Google searches again. But no big deal. ;)

I have to agree with you there Gadget, I find it a real PITA searching for MX5 and SDV. :bangshead:

I can't even search by username to find my posts since I've typed so much crap on here in the past it brings up 1000's of pages for me :d:oops:

Lateral thinking can get you round a lot of it, but that's when the flood control bit hits. :oops:

Its all a balancing act server space/time cost, bandwidth etc. Just one of those things I'm hoping can be fine tuned as the new site goes forward and the initial pressures ease up a little.