Why Does My Profile Show Me As A 'forum User' Rather Than A 'wscc Member?'

JustCallMeMac

As per the thread title.

Am a paid up member (and this is confirmed in my profile) but I'm not displayed as such under my profile pic.

Did I need to do anything after the site was updated, which I've missed and if so how?

Apologies if the answer is elsewhere on the forum but I can't find it.

Many thanks,

Steve

During the move, everyone was set back to being a standard member, you need to follow the instructions in the thread below -

Click

Effectively, you re-join the new Boardroom, with a credit back for the "unused" portion of your existing membership.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about this as well, but the link comes up with an error saying I don't have permission to view the page. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Kirk

Edited by kik1.6se

I think the link may have been moved.

If you haven't logged into the boardroom since January then you may find this link useful at explaining why and what you need to do :t-up:

I think the link may have been moved.

If you haven't logged into the boardroom since January then you may find this link useful at explaining why and what you need to do :t-up:

Thanks for that, sorted now.

Thanks for that, sorted now.

Nice one! Found how to change your avatar already, I see!

This is probably irrelavant now as peeps are transferring , but, suppose ,unlikely , but suppose, that a member is technically valid until october 2012 and is undecided to continue, is there a facility to allow them to use the boardroom as a member without having to pay an extra month?

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean. If you mean as an example, can a current WSCC Member whose membership expires in October 2012 but has not yet renewed online and taken advantage of the free extra month of membership, and therefore still showing online as a Forum User, have their boardroom account changed to WSCC Member until it runs out in October? The answer to that is yes, although they would have to raise a Support Ticket to do it, and if they decided later they wanted to renew, they would not get the free extra month of membership. It's not as simple as pressing a button, bit of a pain in the backside.

Thanks for that, it was exactly what I meant , I do not recall seing it mentioned anywhere that WSCC membership could be transferred to the new boardroom without having to pay for the balance of the year (getting a free month ) but you have explained it thanks .

I believe the incentive to avoid the absolute malestrom of possible admin work that would have been involved in doing it one member at a time was to sacrifice some club income and give everyone a free month of membership to cooperate IYSIM. I shudder to think what would have happened, poor Jon would probably still be at it right now, the baying mob at his throat for not working fast enough. It was not viable to do otherwise during the boardroom transfer, but the rare member cases are not left out in the cold.

Also, it would get done in turn in the queue with all the other Support Requests already in the system, so that might be a somewhat less than instant process, depending on workload.

as you are in sales , you should get this one ......

Being a membership secretary would be a great job, if it weren't for all the members ;)

• Like 1