Renewing Or Upgrading

steve mahon

Back in the dark ages, there was no facility to remind members that their membership was about to expire, and they had to rely on their own memory and the date on the card.

The new boardroom will remind you when your membership is about to run out...which is nice.

But for you, ze old membership is over! :d. You must go into the Store at the top and get a new membership. Happily, it uses PayPal and once you've paid online, you will instantly be a member and have full access and rights - no 28 day waiting period!

So, was it just me that used to receive an annual reminder and renewal letter from Roland "back in the dark ages"? :cry:

Sounds as if the new facilities have now got a grip on membership renewal (a reminder is essential and I love Paypal :)), but you've got to admit there has been a bit of a hole for a couple of years.

BTW, I renewed in Jan and haven't received a new membership card - plus my Boardroom membership number is different to the old card number I've had since I joined in the 90s. If I needed this for an event entry, I wouldn't know which to use. What's going on?

;) it's been explained elsewhere in greater detail, but in essence; the new Boardroom format allows you to manage some of your own "housekeeping", ie address updates, easy on line subscriptions etc. EVERYONE has started again with a new membership number. The old one is effectively finished now, only Speedseries competitors needing the membership card for signing on etc. will automatically have one. (See the more detailed posts for how to deal with companies needing membership proof for discounts etc)

:d

Obviously, some things may change as the whole process settles down, but that's about the gist of it at the moment!

Thanks for the explanation. Haven't been on-line for quite some time, and found other refs to this issue after I posted my comment above.

However, I did notice it was mentioned that a membership card might be necessary and could be made available for other (ie. non Speed Series) MSA events - for example, invitations from other clubs to Westfield members.

Given I haven't registered for the Speed Series this year, how can I get a card?

Contact JC, the Man from Del Membership. by clicking next to his name here to send him an email :t-up:

Just to add, JC is in the midst of handing over the Membership reins at the moment, (may have even done it by now :d).

I'm sure JC is still your man for now, as no formal announcements have been made, and even then he could pass it along to the appropriate person.