STONELEIGH

On May 6th (Monday) The Thames Valley Area are planning to travel up to Stoneleigh in convoy travelling north along the M40 for those that are interested.

We have two meeting points arranged, depending on which area you are travelling from.

The first meeting place is at 8:30am at the Multiplex Cinema carpark, just off Junction 4 of the M40.  Come off at Junction 4, take the A4010 turnoff towards Aylesbury.  At the first roundabout turn left.  The cinema is on your left, the carpark is on your right.  Just a little further down that road is a Petrol Station for those that need to re-fuel before joining the motorway.  We will probably wait until about 9am before leaving.  Don't worry if you miss this first meeting there will the opportunity to meet at our second meeting point which is at Junction 10 of the M40 at the service station.

The second meeting point is at Junction 10 of the M40 at the service station carpark.  We will meet at about 9:30am and leave at about 10am.  Again an opportunity to re-fuel.

We should arrive at Stoneleigh at about 10:30am.  :cool:

Just been down to the services to check them out for speed-bumps etc. and they look fine. :t-up:

There is only one speed-bump, which is the pedestrian walkway from one side of the car park to the other, and it's quite wide so shouldn't cause too many problems for anyone.

There's some fairly major roadworks going on at the junction as they dual the A43, so on the way out make sure you keep to the right, or else you will end up filtered back towards Oxford again  ???

I've got a route from the M40, jcn 5/6, that avoids the motorway all the way. If I remember (and if I can find it) I'll put it up tomorrow. It's at work...........on a network..........somewhere...............

Found it. Check it on a map, carefully. Don't blame me if it's less than 100% accurate, although it should be OK, 'cos this is the route I used last year...........There are some "get out's" too, just in case ;)

From Jcn 5 or 6 on the M40:

Follow A4O, towards Postcombe and Thame.

After Postcombe, bear right on to B4012, signed Thame,

(the Oxfordshire CC have gone mad with over 80 signs along this road

crazy!;)

On the outskirts of Thame, turn Right on to the Ring Road.

At the Roundabout, straight on. (2nd exit)

At the next Roundabout, straight on. (2nd exit)

At the next Roundabout, 3rd out, signed Long Crendon, Bicester - B4011.

Follow the B4OI I all the way to the A41.

Turn Left, signed Bicester.

At the Roundabout, 2nd out, signed M4O, Oxford

Now, you have a choice, depending on how much time you want to take.

Either head for the M4O and use It for the rest of the journey - so at the next

Roundabout, turn left (A41) to the M4O intersection, taking the 3rd exit.

Or, stay on the back roads.

In which case, you turn Right at the Roundabout, (landmark - Esso garage) and

straight on at the next two small Roundabouts. Follow this town road for about a mile

or so, through several sets of lights to another small Roundabout.

Take 1st exit, signed B4100. Stay on this road, straight on at junction with

A43, through Souldem towards Aynho. Turn Left to Aynho on the B4031, and

pick up the B4100 again, signed Adderbury.

At Adderbury, turn right on to A4260 towards BAnbury.

In Banbury, follow signs for Stratford-upon-Avon (A422). On the north-

western outskirts of Banbury, once you are on the A422, after about 1/2 mile.

turn Right on to B4100 again, signed Gaydon.

At Gaydon, Turn Right on to B4451, follow signs to M4O, J12 and finish the

journey on the M4O, A46, B4115 to the Showground.

If you look at a map, you'll identify that you have several opportunities to abort

the country routes and return to Motorway - Bicester, J9 at the junction of the

B4100 with the A43 (J10, M40); and at Banbury-J11.

Phew.....................

At the next Roundabout, 3rd out, signed Long Crendon, Bicester - B4011.

Follow the B4O11 all the way to the A41.

Turn Left, signed Bicester.

That B4011 road is a real blast, especially as you are getting near Bicester. There's a 90 degree left hander, then a *straight* run downhill for about 1 mile in a "step" fashion which is a great chance to exercise your suspension, followed by another 90 degree bend at the end  :0  :0  :0

It's a much slower route however than a simple blast up the M40 so you'll need to allow for the extra time.

Thats better, i was just gonna remind every1 to get there Viking hats sorted-thats if you want to look cool!

Would like to go the back roads, but the problem is if there are a few of you tend to get split up with the traffic.

:)          :(      ???   :0       :angry:                        :angry:

At least on the motorway you can stay together

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D