Any Track days in the North West soon!!!!

Stuart C

The winter is over and I am getting the thurst for getting the Westie on the track. Does anybody know of any track days in the north west comming up soon. I live  in Merseyside but would be happy to travel as far as Leeds,York, Harigate etc.

Check www.wscc.co.uk

There's a banner ad for Harewood and Elvington.........

Blatman

Thanks for repy, have already snt of for hairwood, was really looking for something sooner, before I meet up with all you seasoned boys/girls.

Cheers

Stuart

Try Elvington (York) 6th April 2002, 9 Westfields booked in so far.  

This is a commercially organised event, not the WSCC one, So costs are higher and tin-tops will be there.  It will be my first track day with Bookatrack, but I understand they are very well run.

Click here for link: !Bookatrack

Plenty of places left  :)

See you there,

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

I was there (Purple Westie) but had a little trouble with the car so didn't get as much track time as I would have liked :(

Hopefully all will be sorted for Cadwell on May 1st...

I was there too! (Yellow SEiGHT)

Something must be catching though, because I had to leave early due to mechanical problems as well.

Good to meet you John A, hope you sorted out your problems without too much hassle.

Shame I left at 2: 00pm because it looks like I missed all the action with the BMW M3 Convertable !!!!!

Jonno

spooky :0

blown head gasket was early tea for me too (about 2:30)

But had to wait for tow truck , so was there for the rolling

M3 convertible, ouch !!

Other than that, brilliant day, great weather & track layout

loads of fun. Would definatley recommend it :D

Karl

Karl,

Shame I didn't get to meet you there, hopefully will get to chat at the next one.

I Don't know if you look at the Bat Forum on Bookatrack, but both driver and passanger are up and about with only minor injuries.

Thank goodness for BMW's clever instant pop up roll-bar!

I must admit that I had noticed the lack of a "visable" rollbar whilst being held up behind it!  :D

Jon

Yip, impressive pop up roll hoops on the Bimmer, without them it could have been a lot worse.

As for my car:  Cam cover gasket gone in a big way.  Not happy with the way the last one was fitted  :angry: Not only was it upside down there was silicone gunk all around it.

Also you may have noticed me attempting the donut test at lunchtime.  This was to prove the existece of an LSD or not.  Needless to say I was even less happy to see that it has a standard open diff when it was sold to me as having an LSD (something I've suspected for some time but only just got around to being able to afford to replace).  Currently the diff is away having a Tran-X plate LSD fitted in there  :t-up:

Very nice SEight you have there, lovely noise, if a tad quiet  :p  Time to pull the cats off and get some nice sidepipes methinks   :)   Hope you got your problems sorted.

John,

think I might have seen your seight (did the reg start V8) :)

Hope your probs were small ones, just literally got the head off mine for pressure testing and skimming tommorrow ???

Good news the BeeMer guys were okay, car was a mess when they towed it out.

Juansolo, was yours the cossy powered westy, if so I think we met when you were waiting for your araldite to set  :D

Hope to see you at the next one

Cheers

Karl W

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Karl,

Yep that was me, yellow SEiGHT reg starting with V8...

Havn't had chance to look at the thing yet, flew off for three weeks in Oz a few days after the track day (still here right now, return tonight).  Not too many computers in the out back!

Oil leak caused me to retire - not serious, but it was getting onto my own back tryes, which started to make things interesting!

Should hopefully have it sorted quickly when I get back though.

Jon