Do I Need To Pay Up Even To See/edit My Own Profile?

CrashBangWallop

Is this forum now a paid-members only forum?

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Sorry. I only stick my head in a couple of times a month and didn't realise this was the case. I'll happily pay, but I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Can nobody now join without paying for it?

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by CrashBangWallop

You can edit your profile info using the my settings link under your boardroom name.

Boardroom users are still welcome as unpaid members as well as paid up WSCC members, but some functions such as the viewing of other members profiles is reserved for members as it was on the old forum.

Unfortunately, I can't, If I log on (like I am now), I can't view my My Profile, My Settings and My Content. It just displays that red warning above.

It allows me to view Manage Ignore Prefs, though.

Thanks,

Neil

[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system

also as a forum user you cant do a search like you used to

Edited by smorse

Same for me. Can't edit anything or do any searches? ???

You need to upgrade your WSCC membership for the new board.

Theres a couple of sticky's at the top of each page that expalain all

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/91755-welcome-to-the-new-wscc-forum/page__view__findpost__p__925486

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/91816-upgrading-your-membership/page__view__findpost__p__926260

You need to upgrade your WSCC membership for the new board.

Theres a couple of sticky's at the top of each page that expalain all

http://forum.wscc.co...post__p__925486

http://forum.wscc.co...post__p__926260

By 'upgrade' do you mean 'pay for'?

I read those two threads before my original post. There's nothing there to suggest I can edit my own details without paying for a full membership. Hence, the reason why I asked if I have to pay up first.

I haven't been a paid member for a couple of years. But, I've never needed to change any details until now. So, don't know if this was a similar deal on the previous board.

I fully understand not being able to view other people's profiles or post in the for sale section or even use the search engine, but not edit my own details? Sounds a bit harsh. What if my location or my email address changes?

All I want to do is change my tag-line and remove the picture from my sig. I've physically removed the picture from my photobucket account to stop it showing up (and now have an 'image is missing' in it's place), but are you saying I have to pay the £30 just to edit my own details? Alright, I _know_ it's not just to change my details, but all I do on the board at the moment is read a few Cambridge posts in the Events section, once or twice a month. Ooh... and ask about upvc door locks. LOL!

Thanks,

Neil

That reads really arsey, but honestly it's not. :d

Hi Neil, my post was aimed more at Polly who was a WSCC member on the old forum. For people who were club members and on the old forum we needed to upgrade to have full privilages for the new one. This was done by paying the difference in cost between the date when our existing membership was due to run out and the date when we rejoined.

Sorry I don't know enough about the restrictions on the new board to help answer your questions. If you can access the area to open a support ticket to the IT bods you can try asking them the question, or drop the webmaster or support guys and email.

Ok. Cheers, Mark.

I sent a mail to forum@, shortly after your first reply to me. No reply as of yet.

Regards,

Neil

I think I might be able to explain the signature part if you can't access it, being a forum user rather than a member. When the changeover to the new boardroom took place, it cleverly pulled every user's signature over as well. It would appear that having a signature below your post might be a member only privilege, and you're kind of stuck until an admin person can remove it.

As Mark said, go to Your Profile | Client Area | Support | New Request and ask that your signature is deleted. A record is kept of when you made the request, and what the status of that request is. I think you'll find it will be a much faster response than sending an email.

HTH! :t-up:

Ah... Hadn't noticed that one, Cap'n. Request sent and ALREADY changed! Speedy! :d

Thank you all.

Neil