A Couple Of Questions

Young Pretender

I have taken off the nose cone off today to find out that one of the three fasteners that hold it on is infact a cable tie. Can anyone tell me what these fasteners are called please and does anyone know where I can buy some?

Dodgy one on the right - Do I need to replace the whole thing or can I just replace the spring loaded screw?

DSC00538-1.jpgDSC00541-1.jpg

I was also concerned about a wobbly support which I thought was a part of the chassis until I Looked a few chassis diagrams online, none of which seem to include it. Could someone please look at the vid below and tell me if I should be concerned about this - should it provide any structural support?

http://s390.photobuc...nt=MOV00535.mp4

Thanks for any help

Mark

They're called Dzus fasteners - try Europa or Car Builder Solutions or Google it, lots of places do them, not expensive.

That brace has been added by someone, definitely non-standard and not a chassis requirement, obviously there to support the nose cone but God knows why, I've never seen one before! Which means I'm wrong...!

dzus fastners ,have a look in the tweeks catalogue under fastners

• that brace is to support the nosecone and stop the bonnet touching the cam belt ,as i would imagine the lip has been removed on it ,seen a few cars where at speed the bonnet pulls down and the belt rubs the bonnet or the bonnet touches the top of the engine

Oooooooooooh...that's interesting!

Thanks guys..

Has anyone else seen/got one of these random nose cone supports? I guess it's there because the cambelt is awfully close the edge of the nose cone where it meets the bonnet

I'm too slow at posting obviously - trying to keep my 20 week old daughter happy at the same time!

Looks like the nose supports either missing or broken a couple of fasteners though. Hard to make out on the iPad, but looks like there should be a rivet in each bracket on the nose side of the car, not just the engine side.

make sure you refit the bracket with blind rivets ,or the chassis will fill with water