Membership Number Change

carbonizer

I have just put this quastion on a different forum (Message board chat) but realise it should be here!

Since re-registering membership i have a different WSCC member number than that on my card, is this a mistake or will i get a new card with new number?

Anyone else with same problem

Thanks

As I understand it everyone has a new number but doubt there's any need for new cards. Saving the planet and all that :t-up:

OK, thought i would ask and make sure it isn't a mistake.

Probably get new card on old expiry date?

I'd like to know the answer to this too - can't get my free coffee at Stoneleigh with a membership card that expired at the end of December..............

I'm thinking two different ways to handle it. One would be to print new cards at Stoneleigh as per last year for anyone who has re-upped. The other would be to send out new cards with the next quarterly magazine.

Hi Everyone,

Just to let youknow what is happening, Firstly your memberhip number WILL change, this is becasue the new boardroom gives out it's own number.

We are planning on not issueing memberhsip cards in general, they will be issued to Competitors who need them for MSA purposes ie Speed Series drivers and other motorsport competitors, but not to the rest of the memebers. Instead any supplier who offers a discount to members will be able to check via a link to the boardroom that the membership is current. The reason for doing this is to elinimate as much manual processing as possible, it takes considerable time for little true benefit. Especially when the new boardroom software easily deals with this on an automated basis.

Thanks for explaining that, it makes a lot of sense and cuts down the cost of producing and distributing cards significantly, which can only help keep club operating costs down. I'm sure that someone will come up with a way to identify members on the WSCC stand at Stoneleigh when tea is being served without the need for a card - a very minor thing in the greater scheme of things.

However, I for one shall miss having the WSCC card in my pocket. :(

Just a thought - perhaps there a way of making an online card generator so any member who wishes to do so can make one and print it off themselves?

Maybe if folk prefer a card for discounts etc that they could be issued for a nominal at cost charge, again picked up at Stoneleigh or the like.

Just a suggestion.

The easy way to show you're a member if you need to is to print off a copy of the paypal receipt.

"will be able to check via a link to the boardroom that the membership is current."

What about for insurance purposes? My current insurer demands a photocopy of my card... I can't honestly see them taking the time to find and click a link.

jc

Go into your profile and print the page showing your membership number and send them that instead?

I can't even get into my own profile page to see what my new number is. Infact I have tried to contact the membership sec.(no reply) to find out if I'm still a member or what ?????

Doug Dewar

I can't even get into my own profile page to see what my new number is. Infact I have tried to contact the membership sec.(no reply) to find out if I'm still a member or what ?????

Doug Dewar

Doug,

Just sent you an email re: membership

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Just to let youknow what is happening, Firstly your memberhip number WILL change, this is becasue the new boardroom gives out it's own number.

We are planning on not issueing memberhsip cards in general, they will be issued to Competitors who need them for MSA purposes ie Speed Series drivers and other motorsport competitors, but not to the rest of the memebers. Instead any supplier who offers a discount to members will be able to check via a link to the boardroom that the membership is current. The reason for doing this is to elinimate as much manual processing as possible, it takes considerable time for little true benefit. Especially when the new boardroom software easily deals with this on an automated basis.

Have just read this and I'm left wondering how/when a Speed Series competor will get a membership card?

The first event in the series is 8 days away so I will go armed with my old membership (still valid Just) and and much supporting evidence as I can gather.