[#10146] You Do Not Have Permission To Use The Search System.

WestfieldMX5

Don't know if it's possible, but it is at least an interesting and helpful idea - well done.

It's a good idea, but the problem I forsee is that once they've used up their 10 free posts there would be no way to stop them registering a new user name to get another 10 and then etc etc

chill out dudes - it really don't matter that much does it :laugh: shall we get back to discussing cars :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy: :westy:

• Like 3

It's a good idea, but the problem I forsee is that once they've used up their 10 free posts there would be no way to stop them registering a new user name to get another 10 and then etc etc

You devious so and so...I want to be just like you if I grow up!

its 30 f***** quid for **** sake to join .its hardly the end of the world , its nothing over a year for what you get back for it , i think its worth paying the membership to support the club and get the benefits and full use of the forum , you tight arses that for some reason dont want to pay a measly £30 and reap these benefits yet just want to moan about it really need to have a look in the mirror and get a life ,if you dont like **** off ,simples :yes:

• Like 9

well they **** me off the whining gits want all the benefits but dont want to contribute anything towards the club ,bleedin free loaders **** me off ,

free loaders have no right to moan about the wscc , when you pay your membership then you have a right to a opinion until then shut the **** up

• Like 5

I think the swear filters broken again Steve :d :d

I think the swear filters broken again Steve :d :d

f****rs :laugh: self edited

Wot the venerable SteveD said and with ****s on :laugh::cool: why is k_n_o_b in the filter ??

Guest Barry Ensor

As an ex member, due entirely to having lost my car in an RTC and being a little, or maybe a lot past building another. Can I say that I read and enjoy the boardroom nearly every day, I do make the odd comment on the board and I am still an active member of the infamous Kiddy Crew, and I use the search function regularly, to ferret out the huge amount of help available there, which we then utilise on the other lads cars. So I will miss the research and Blatmans scathing comments on the searching talents of us, shall we say of the sidevalve generation. So to me the inability to search is a shame and will be missed but hey ho, I miss the car more and spending the money of the rest of the crew is still fun. Sorry Glyn, me and Jeffro have spent a bit of yours, but as ever there is more to come!

The arguement about "search " facility is a bit silly and is not the real issue.

If this website and the WSCC club is as good as everyone believes then why not put in small sum of £30 to join and positively influence what happens. As others have said its such a pittance that even as a tight Yorkshireman I recognise its great value so just cough up some dough and stop whingeing. Members must have some additional benefits compared to guests. :cool:

• Like 1

Captain C, your post on page 1 is quite possibly one of the best I have ever seen. Lippy D's contribution is almost as praiseworthy.

I agree with the sentiment that if you're looking for a multi thousand pound hobby, 30 quid is a paltry, insignificant sum to fork over.

I'm also amused by the comparisons with Facebook, Pistonheads, Google etc. Lets remember this club is for the followers of what is an *extremely* niche market. We're NEVER going to generate the revenues of the aforementioned, and actually, I don't think we WANT to. We aren't trying to be Google or Facebook and make millions by simply having lots of footfall across these pages. The Club is essentially non profit making. It makes enough to do the things we want to do and to pay for things that I'll bet the freeloaders have never even considered, like adequate funds to hire and have insurance for our track days, show days and any other WSCC event. There are plenty of responsibilities that befall a club like ours that go waaaay beyond an "internet" club.

As for the search, don't even get me started! It's the 21st century. I HATE it when people use a computer to say they're no good with computers. A computer is a tool, like a spanner. If you want to own a Westfield, you need to know how to use a spanner. If you want to get the best out of the internet, you need to learn how to use the tool that makes it work.

Er... Sorry Barry :blush:

• Like 2

Interestingly at the moment there are 20 members online, of which 6 (including me) have not paid the subscription yet, and 44 guests with 3 anonymous users.

44 guests could well be current members who haven't bothered to sign in yet. I always sign in anonymously, so your maths is almost certainly wrong.

I agree with many that non-paying Boardroom users should have certain restrictions placed on them when using the forum.

I have been a member longer than my profile suggests (pre-Internet) and for the pittance it costs to join the club, folk will be hard pressed to tell me it is not worth it.

Some time ago I was involved in a bit of a fracas which provoked me in to seriously consider leaving the Club but on reflection of my initial thoughts, this site is the best I have used and the wealth of experience that can be gleaned is second to none so I renewed my membership.

But being a member of the club is not all about the Boardroom. Being a club member allows discounts on certain products, organised events et al. More than some folk understand.

I do not own a Westfield now and who knows, when my Mini is finished I may purchase one but that will not stop my payment of £0.58p per week to be a member of the club.

In summary, if £0.58p per week is deemed to be an outrageous figure by some folk, perhaps they should find another hobby, like knitting as my Mum still has all the issues of “Fashion Maker” magazine; she might give them away for free!

• Like 1