Video of my Westy at Bedford last saturday

Porkie

Continue to enjoy what is obviously a well developed car. Could do with a bit more power though IMO  :D

I think so too!

Getting a bigger quieter exhaust so can wang the boost up on trackdays without getting kicked off :)

The engine spec would work well with Nitrous as well....   :devil:

I'd like to go to Santapod for a laugh and to have some different kind of fun with it and also see what it would do ...

but scared of looking a wally as I've never done all that staging stuff with all the lights!

Will maybe give it a go in the new year :)

• 2 years later...

What happened to this car? I've seen the video on youtube and just read the build thread on overclockers...?

Its mental. 

Actually, just read this whole thread. Seems a few people got a little upset! :)

• Like 1

Yes they do. I don't know why really. (I've not read back through the thread but I vaguely recall the gist of it).

Pookies car and its sister car, (there were too very similar ones built) were the opposite of what many, perhaps more traditional owners, thought Seven type cars should be about. A very small number of owners of those sorts of cars tend to be incredibly vocal and utterly convinced that their way is the only true acceptable  way. (Graham Chapman quotes will be flung at you with machine gun rapidity if you argue ;) )

I wouldn't necessarily want to own a Westfield like that as my only road going fun car, but if, like Pookie, I had a collection of fun cars, something like that would be in there!

The other issue, I seem to remember, was the tale out driving on the vid. I seem to remember a few people seeing red at the time. I also seem to remember that some of that was down to confusion over just who was being passed and whether there was some on track bullying going on, whereas in reality, there were quite a few people out there who all knew each other etc. The most telling thing I remember was that Pookie was in no way black flagged or warned, or even advised of any sort of behaviour issues at what was an event run by one of the stricter companies.

• Like 1

Anyone have a link to the build?

The most telling thing I remember was that Pookie was in no way black flagged or warned, or even advised of any sort of behaviour issues at what was an event run by one of the stricter companies.

Lee used to spend a lot of money at Bedford taking his collection of cars down there with his m8's - he may have been able to get away with a bit more than me or you ;-)

Nice chap though having fun in a totally mental car - I think it was so extreme it was a little fragile and went through various changes to handle all the horses

Lee lives in Billericay so not far from us, used to see him now and again but not in the last year or so. He hasn't You Tubed any videos for a while either, which he often does.