New engine startup

p.thomas

Hi,

I'll shortly (couple of weeks) be starting up my new Zetec for the first time. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for?  What about oil pressure, cam lube?  How long should I run it for, silly questions maybe but a nervous time with so much going on!!  What about crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensors do they need any sort of adjustment?

Any help or advice please.

TIA.

First thing to do is make sure all oil & coolant levels are ok, remove spark plugs and disconnect coil pack and then crank engine until you see healthy oil pressure, only then do you want to reconnect coil pack and refit spark plugs, may be worth filling oil filter with oil first to aid initial prime up.

Dont worry if she is a little tappety for 20mins or so this will just be the lifters pumping up.