Caged FIA Certified Cage & MSA Roll Bar Group Buy

1993sei

FIA Certified Cage and MSA Specification Group Buy

I have put together a deal with Caged to produce a new T45 equivalent FIA certified roll cage using its own specific jig for a WSCC group buy.

To differentiate this cage from others it will feature a curved upper brace and a front hoop which has more of an agressive angle, giving the cage a smoother flowing appearance, as well as a couple of other small tweaks to make it a very different product to others on the market.

Caged are able to produce fantastic quality products with intricate shapes due to their huge investment in their manufacturing facility. This cage's will be produced with their CNC tube laser cutter, CNC bending equipment, ring roller and will be expertly welded by their technicians.

As well as being beautifully made the cages weighs only 23kg, this is only a little more than the RAC type supplied and fitted by Westfield.

The photo's below show the cage without the mirror mounts, these can be fitted if required.

After fitting a Caged cage to my narrow SEI a couple of years ago I was surprised at the quality and how light weight they are, this is why I contacted them again for a cage for my Megablade.

They mentioned their FIA certified curved top cage and this gave me the idea for the WSCC bulk buy so here we are.

FIA certified cage powder coated black with all fittings and fixings 1-5 £850, 5-10 £800, 10+ £750 +P&P

Fitting is available by Caged in Frome Somerset and is £150

Here are a few photographs of the cage on offer:

BeingMade1.jpg

BeingMade3.jpg

BeingMade4.jpg

Finished1.jpg

Finished2.jpg

Finished3.jpg

Finished4.jpg

Bone13.jpg

Also discussed was the idea for an MSA specification roll hoop using just the rear of the cage to produce an attractive alternative to other manufacturers, with either a simple diagonal hoop brace or an X like the FIA cage. This can be made from CDS for MSA use and or T45 equivalent for a super light weight road/track day roll hoop (MSA will not approve T45 roll hoops).

MSA CDS roll hoops powder coated black £230 +P&P

T45 equivalent road track day hoop powder coated black £280 +P&P

Both will be supplied with a fitting kit

These should be an easy DIY fit

Please PM me for more details

i preffer the look of there standard caged cage  tbh ,the front loop looks to be leaning back to much (lean angle) and to me dosnt look as good ,but to others it may look the dogs  :)

I like the Cateremesque curvy top design, but I guess the extra slope at the front rules it out for cars with windscreens.

Unless Caged do the actual fitting, any FIA certificate will not be valid. It also looks to have too much tubing to be lightweight, especially the 2 curved pieces in the top when 1 diagonal would suffice

Can you please confirm that the modified design will be FIA certified too? Will Caged be able to provide a copy of this certificate? Thanks.

Yes the cage is FIA certified

A copy FIA Certificate can be obtained from Caged if you require it

I like the Cateremesque curvy top design, but I guess the extra slope at the front rules it out for cars with windscreens.

Yes it designed more for the aero screened cars although I suppose you could tip the screen back to follow the lines if you really wanted to.

Unless Caged do the actual fitting, any FIA certificate will not be valid. It also looks to have too much tubing to be lightweight, especially the 2 curved pieces in the top when 1 diagonal would suffice

23kg's is very light for a roll cage, with or without some nice curved roof braces. Compared to the 30KG+ of a CDS cage, imagine trying to lose 7kg with the use of carbon £££££

The FIA certification is valid as long as you are competent at fitting the cage, if you have any doubt in your ability I would HIGHLY recommend either Caged or Procomp to fit it for you

The FIA certification is valid as long as you are competent at fitting the cage, if you have any doubt in your ability I would HIGHLY recommend either Caged or Procomp to fit it for you

Not true I'm afraid. It has to be done by the manufacturer. Not that many Westfield owners will be needing FIA papers in any case

Can you please confirm that the modified design will be FIA certified too? Will Caged be able to provide a copy of this certificate? Thanks.

Thank you.

Another related question, sorry. Will the cages come with affixed identification plate as per the FIA regs below?

I appreciate this may seem over-kill. I'm just looking to clarify what Caged are offering.

"ARTICLE 8 : SAFETY CAGES

8.1 General :

The fitting of a safety cage is compulsory.

It may be either :

a) Fabricated in compliance with the requirements of the following

articles ;

b) Homologated or Certified by an ASN according to the

homologation regulations for safety cages ;

An authentic copy of the homologation document or certificate,

approved by the ASN and signed by qualified technicians

representing the manufacturer, must be presented to the event's

scrutineers.

Any new cage which is homologated by an ASN and is on sale, as

from 01.01.2003, must be identified by means of an identification

plate affixed to it by the manufacturer; this identification plate must

be neither copied nor moved (i.e. embedded, engraved or selfdestroying

sticker).

The identification plate must bear the name of the manufacturer,

the homologation or certification number of the ASN homologation

form or certificate and the individual series number of the

manufacturer.

A certificate bearing the same numbers must be carried on board

and be presented to the event's scrutineers.

c) Homologated by the FIA according to the homologation

regulations for safety cages.

It must be the subject of an extension (VO) to the homologation

form of the vehicle homologated by the FIA.

The manufacturer's identification and a series number must be

clearly visible on all cages homologated and sold after 01.01.1997.

The homologation form of the cage must specify how and where

this information is indicated, and the purchasers must receive a

numbered certificate corresponding to this."

Thank you.

Another related question, sorry. Will the cages come with affixed identification plate as per the FIA regs below?

I appreciate this may seem over-kill. I'm just looking to clarify what Caged are offering.

"ARTICLE 8 : SAFETY CAGES

8.1 General :

The fitting of a safety cage is compulsory.

It may be either :

a) Fabricated in compliance with the requirements of the following

articles ;

b) Homologated or Certified by an ASN according to the

homologation regulations for safety cages ;

An authentic copy of the homologation document or certificate,

approved by the ASN and signed by qualified technicians

representing the manufacturer, must be presented to the event's

scrutineers.

Any new cage which is homologated by an ASN and is on sale, as

from 01.01.2003, must be identified by means of an identification

plate affixed to it by the manufacturer; this identification plate must

be neither copied nor moved (i.e. embedded, engraved or selfdestroying

sticker).

The identification plate must bear the name of the manufacturer,

the homologation or certification number of the ASN homologation

form or certificate and the individual series number of the

manufacturer.

A certificate bearing the same numbers must be carried on board

and be presented to the event's scrutineers.

c) Homologated by the FIA according to the homologation

regulations for safety cages.

It must be the subject of an extension (VO) to the homologation

form of the vehicle homologated by the FIA.

The manufacturer's identification and a series number must be

clearly visible on all cages homologated and sold after 01.01.1997.

The homologation form of the cage must specify how and where

this information is indicated, and the purchasers must receive a

numbered certificate corresponding to this."

No I completely understand your concerns

The cages will come with an FIA identification plate with all the correct numbers exactly the same as other approved cages they manufacture

Not true I'm afraid. It has to be done by the manufacturer. Not that many Westfield owners will be needing FIA papers in any case

This is true for a weld in cage, however it is not the case with a bolt in cage.

Bolt in cages are FIA homologated as cage only and therefore can be fitted by the end user, this is a fact.

I have just had a long conversation with Phil from Caged and he is going to post all of the relevant details and dispel a few myths on here in the next couple of days.

If bolted in I hope fully detailed instructions are provided and not left to the "inexperienced" to simply drill a hole through a chassis rail and put a bolt in  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

If bolted in I hope fully detailed instructions are provided and not left to the "inexperienced" to simply drill a hole through a chassis rail and put a bolt in  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

Sadly that is the case IME one cage some spacers some bolts some brackets  and that was it. No instructions not that I needed them but some may. It could have been an oversight on my kit of course.