MT75 Clearance

waynem

When the MT75 box is fitted into an SEiW chassis, is there enough room for thick part of the loom the to be attached to the underneath of the front bulkhead bar/transmission tunnel or is it a bit tight ?

I want to get this right before I fit the engine/gearbox and find out there isn't enough room!!!

Ta

Hyah Wayne  :t-up:

yep your right its tight :(

its like that on mine anyway  ???

Hi Paul, :t-up:

Before its too late, I may move the loom to attach it to the back side of the bar so its tucked out of the way under the top panel... I can use the holes for the clips that are already drilled to hold a fuel pipe which will have to cross the transmission tunnel. Reckon there should be ample clearance for 8mm bore fuel pipe, although I certainly don't want to be squashing that!!...

I don't know, one step forward, two steps back......   :(

Wayne M

You can allways pop round to mine for a look at how i got over this little 'problem' if you want.

Theres nothing original here but sometimes it helps to have a look at the finished article  :t-up:

I only live 5 mins from our Pub meeting place

Give us a ring, to arrange a time.

My contact details are in WW. :t-up:

For what is worth I recently had the engine and gearbox out of my ZEi which is essentially the same as the Se. The space is so tight twixt MT75 and loom that the wires were severely  worn - much more and I would have had some serious electrical problems and I shudder to think how I would have traced them!!