Fitting antiroll bars

waynem

Has anyone had a problem when fitting anti roll bars where the roll bar itself seems too thick for the drop link brackets ? I can managed to squeeze the bracket on, but it then means that the bolts which pinch the bracket onto the bar and the bolt that connects to the rose joint are splayed a little too much for my liking..

Yes I could force it, but I wouldn't be happy with the slack fitting of the rose joint. Has anyone else decided to remove the powder coating from around the ARB to  allow a better fit ??

Also, got the rear ARB kit and found out my lower wishbones do not have the bracket which the drop link connects into.. Thought I could just bolt these b*******s straight on!

Ho Hum!!!!!

Wayne M

Yes I could force it, but I wouldn't be happy with the slack fitting of the rose joint. Has anyone else decided to remove the powder coating from around the ARB to  allow a better fit ??

These should be a nice snug even fit - mine are. I would not recommend removing the powder coat as you will then attract rust ( obviously! ) but you will also have to remove more if you decide to soften or tighten up the effect of the anti-roll bar as adjustment is made by sliding the clamp closer or further away from the fulcrum point.

I would check with Westfield that they have sent you the correct clamps as I received one pair that had a hole diameter of 15mm which was clearly too small! The diameter of the hole ( slack clamp ) should be 20mm.

The rear ARB needs a bracket (usually supplied as part of the kit) MIG welding in place to the bottom wishbone

A b******* of a job unless youremove the wishbone

Stepps,

The rust issue had occured to me. As my Westie is only in the build stages I'm positive that the pivot point will have to be adjusted once some road testing has been done.. I'll measure my brackets and maybe, I'll have to give Westfield a ring...

As for the lower rear suspension wishbones, I'm hoping that I will be able to exchange the ones I have for the ones with the brackets installed. Here hoping.....

Cheers,

Wayne M