vx clutch plate

Glen_I

Help, I know this has been discussed loads of times but........

Trying to get clutch plate to suit 20xe on to type 9 box, i searched and found that a 2.3 sierra plate will do job, went to local factors and they say a 2.3 plate is 244mm in diameter where as i need a 228mm diameter plate.

Is it a diesel plate??

Glen.

yes, its the diesel plate you need

QH911 if a Quinten Hazel part.  If i recall correctly however, this part number may of changed to something else in the last year so its worth checking

Mark, i took that part no. with me and they list it as a rover plate? and the measurements are way off for what i need.

They got the correct measurements for a Galaxy plate (1x23spline) which was a diesel, so i may give this ago. the part will have to be ordered so if its wrong i wont be able to send it back...

Glen.

2.3 sierra diesel clutch plate ,thats what i and many others have used also used by caterham  :( i have the part no at work ,if you want it call me monday daytime 01606 592270

Cheers Steve, if i have no joy on monday with one last visit to factors i will ring you.

Thanks Glen.

if you have no joy i can get hold of one the same day ,if its any use to you , :t-up:

Glen - I bought the galaxy part on saturday.  I was in the fortunate position of having the old and the new in my hands at the same time and so could see that it is correct.

btw - real pain in the A*** finding a shop that would sell just a plate.

mike