exhaust

wookie

Hi, im in need of a complete exhaust system (Pinto), i phoned whun-off and wants £960 for the system, does anyone have a system kicking around at the back of their garage or shed?.

Tried the wanted ads here but no luck......any ideas of other options?, i may end up buying the westfield one directly from them........ :)  :)  ???

Try www.powerspeed.co.uk.  Had an exhaust made for my car by them and it's very good, well under half the price you've been quoted !

doesnt anyone have an old one knocking about?, yep the exhaust must be gold plated for that price, the bloke said well it will be a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i thought i didnt want to hang it on the wall and frame it!!!!, theres me thinking the exhaust from westfield was expensive :D  :D  :D

Blimey, Westfield's own is about 400 complete !

Don't expect the other chap will be in business long if his mark ups are that high on all he sells.

Stuart ;)

oh plus it would need to be trailered up to bradford and left there for 2 weeks for them to fit it!!!!!!!, oh well better ask for an exhaust for xmas!!!!!!!.....must be different than getting pants and socks all the time tho  ;)  :D  :xmas:  :xmas:

Blimey, Westfield's own is about 400 complete !

Don't expect the other chap will be in business long if his mark ups are that high on all he sells.

As with most things, quality doesn't come cheap.  And you're comparing the cost of a production item with a one-off exhaust system so there are bound to be economies of scale involved.

I suspect that if you put a Westfield manifold alongside one from, say, Wunoff, Tony Law or BTB then you would notice some important differences in quality....

And you'd notice even more of a difference if you put them on a rolling road and did back to back tests....

I've been down this route myself (with a Zetec engine ) and the bottom line is that the cost is directly proportional to the quality of finish and how efficient ( both noise cutting and non power-zapping ) the system is.

I needed a system that would get my car onto Goodwood circuit on a quiet day ( 98dB ) but I also wanted it to look good too ( sets himself up for a wind up !! ). I tried Wunoff and they could do the job and came well recommended but I was not keen on leaving the car with someone that far away. At about this time I was contacted by Raceline who are fairly local and were looking for a guinea pig for a new system that they wanted to adapt for the Westfield/Zetec installation and although it was expensive, I got just what I wanted from them - a beautifully made, repackable, quiet but efficient system.

My son had the same goals in mind for his CVH powered Westfield but his budget was somewhat less than mine and the actual 'finish' was not so important to him. He went to Powerspeed who gave an excellent and knowledgeable service for somewhat less cost but the finished system whilst noise taming and re-packable does not have the same appearance as the Raceline one.

The following pictures show the Powerspeed system which works well, is solidly constructed and re-packable:-

simon_exhaust1.jpg

simon_exhaust2.jpg

simon_exhaust3.jpg

The next lot are the Raceline version:-

top_side.jpg

exhaust_cut.jpg

collector.jpg

As with so many things, you get what you pay for!

That's interesting because my Powerspeed system looks very much like your Raceline system.  If I had received an exhaust that looks like the top one I'd not be too pleased.

My silencer has several pressed in ribs around it to break up the noise (looks better than I describe it ! ), is repackable and the manifold looks as good as any I've seen.  I can e-mail pictures if anybody is interested.

I had the exhaust for my car made by trick at JP Exhausts in macclesfield.Cant speak highly enough excellent firm and excelent product.

Barry :love:

JP Exhausts

I'm tight me :D

When I needed a silencer I got a barely used stainless 2nd hand Robin Hood (sorry) one and modified it slightly to fit. Total cost £30 and a bottle of whiskey for the fabbies at work who modified it and made a stainless bracket to match.

Looks good but not too sure about the noise level.