The balance of Power.

mhc

Well its a Westfield so I presume all classes are available subject to engine etc

Is it roadgoing?

If non road going you can go on slicks into class H if you have Bike engine more than 1150cc ( eg a 1300 busa )

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• mark.anson

• davidgh

• mhc

it is just about road legal yes and is still 1300 cc although supercharged? does that matter?

there is some merit in the lighter nimbler cars

Totally agree here, I think I read somewhere (either a book about Ross Brawn or Jackie Stewarts autobiography) that cornering g-forces increase by the same % you reduce the car's weight. So reduce a car's weight by 20% (CEC to BEC) and you increase cornering G by ~20%. As we're not talking drag racing that's a fair bit of time in anyone's book.

Not to mention shorter braking distances etc.

If I was going to spec a car to be used only for sprints it would be BEC I'm sure. There's something very appealing about a sub 400kg car such as Barney's.

Supercharging requires a 1.4 multiplier so it becomes 1300cc x1.4 = 1820cc

Non roadgoing is class H

Roadgoing would be class F but you need 1B tyres and MOT ,insurance and tax

Suggest H is best for you

The SBD car is about 470 Kg and has 306bhp as well as a good torque

Its easy to sort the licence, just apply to the MSA for a National B licence next year and your sorted.

You will need to buy a race suit and helmet which are available from various suppliers including a Speed Series Sponsor.

Check out the beginners guide in the speed series section of the boardroom.

Its easy to sort the licence, just apply to the MSA for a National B licence next year and your sorted.

You will need to buy a race suit and helmet which are available from various suppliers including a Speed Series Sponsor.

Check out the beginners guide in the speed series section of the boardroom.

thank you for info :)

will have a look into it :)

The SBD car is about 470 Kg and has 306bhp as well as a good torque

Given it also has very good drivers it'll always be tough to compete with that without some serious wallet abuse :(

Personally I'd settle for close over all times with a lighter BEC and a fraction of the investment. But even that's maybe dreaming a bit! haha

But your not comparing like with like to compare performance of a class G with a class H. What price a class G car with the Honda engine replaced by a Suzuki Hayabusa engine, running in class H?

afaik there are no bike engined cars running in class H at the moment, and the right bike engined car might be a class (H) and championship winner?

Cough!

I know we've not been competitive this year(or last) but we

did make up the numbers occasionally.  :p   :down:  :down:

"right bike engined car might be a class (H) and championship winner?"

Yeeeeees, someone who thinks we might not be wasting our time.  :t-up:

My opinion is that bike engines are reasonably powerful but lack torque. Therefore their characteristics are better suited to a stripped out lightweight car which goes hand in hand with a slick shod non road going car stripped of all the unnecessary road legal junk.

The opposite goes for a road going car where the greater torque of a car engine would suit the heavier car

No, I'm afraid I do think that, Paul.

See sense and come back to "E"  :t-up:

You can get a s**t load more weight out of that car yet.

Any buy some NEW tyres or else you really will be wasting your time.

You could buy my image wheels and slicks which have only done equivalent of three sprints

You can get a s**t load more weight out of that car yet.

Any buy some NEW tyres or else you really will be wasting your time.

Mark, its always been on fresh rubber (<4 events old). You are right about weight but fixing that is the easier bit so (slow) progress is being made elsewhere first.