The balance of Power.

mhc

The Class E point is interesting.

For some reason the best CECs have always been pretty competitive with the BECs in Class E (even in Andy's day), whereas they are nowhere in Class G. It can't be blamed on the quality of the Class E BECs  --  if you remember, Andy was competitive in G from the word go with essentially the same car as he used in E.   :0

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• mark.anson

• davidgh

• mhc

You only have to look at the British Hillclimb to see a 1600cc Raptor getting to 5th overall this year up against all the Gould GR55 with 650 BHP to see that there is some merit in the lighter nimbler cars. In the sprints they murdered by the big V8's hence my change from a 1600cc DJ to a 3500cc Gould. Although you could still do well with a BEC, you wouldn;t win the overall championship.

So the answer is easy Mick, just get Mark or Tim to drive your car, it's obvioulsy the drivers making all the difference  :D  :p  :0  ???  :p  :laugh:  :D

Now then back to a serious debate. "how long is a piece of string" and I do have an answer  :D

Lippydave

The BECs rarely beat the CECs

They run in a different class anyway

i.e Class G BEC on slicks

Class H CEC on slicks

So that Lippydave is not confused and Terry doesn't bore his bike engine out too much  :D , in 2011 WSCC SS.....

G. Non road-going Westfield kit cars with car-derived engines up to 1800cc or motorcycle engines up to 1150cc.

H. Non road-going Westfield kit cars with car-derived engines over 1800cc or motorcycle engines over 1150cc.

Plus Turbo-charged and supercharged cars will be subject to a 40% capacity increase.

May the debate on the relative merits of CECs and BECs recommence  :bangshead:

hows about some nice diesel engine cars.

put them with the crossflows . :p

runs and hides quick :D  :D

So that Lippydave is not confused and Terry doesn't bore his bike engine out too much  :D , in 2011 WSCC SS.....

G. Non road-going Westfield kit cars with car-derived engines up to 1800cc or motorcycle engines up to 1150cc.

H. Non road-going Westfield kit cars with car-derived engines over 1800cc or motorcycle engines over 1150cc.

Plus Turbo-charged and supercharged cars will be subject to a 40% capacity increase.

May the debate on the relative merits of CECs and BECs recommence  :bangshead:

So if you were to run an overbored 1585 Hayabusa with a turbo you would run in Class H as would a stock 1300cc Hayabusa?  :suspect:  :oops:  :suspect:

Now how much would it cost for you to build me a very lightweight, carbon fibre bodied narrow with WSB/BSB Honda Blade engine in it for Class G. Then with a daytime MOTC, tax, insurance and Avon ZZRs I think E would be class of choice.

Paul , carbon is a so retro.

Aluminium is the future. :blush:

Carbon fibre with an aluminium or foam core is where it's at these days.

Carbon fibre @ £50-100/kg it isn't cheap though.

Mick, just get on with it, the drivers will all go on a diet to drive a Cooper creation, then all you have do is decide who has the most talent!!!!

My money is on the outgoing champ........

Mick, just get on with it, the drivers will all go on a diet to drive a Cooper creation, then all you have do is decide who has the most talent!!!!

Or the (a smidge lighter) incoming one  :D

But your not comparing like with like to compare performance of a class G with a class H. What price a class G car with the Honda engine replaced by a Suzuki Hayabusa engine, running in class H?

afaik there are no bike engined cars running in class H at the moment, and the right bike engined car might be a class (H) and championship winner?

*cue rocky theme*

diet started...... :p  :D  :D

I used to run my 1548cc road going busa in H

I just put slicks on instead of road tyres and I did quite well!

PS I would happily let Barney or Terry drive it.

Thanks Paul, does that mean me and Tim are banned. What have I done!! :t-up:   :p  :p

Your right though that you can make stats mean anything.

Yes I didnt get in the top ten this year, however I also only did 10 events whereas everyone else competed in more and therefore could drop some of thier lesser scores.

Terry is also correct that at TyCroes international some of the class H cars were quicker as you would expect, but by very little when you compare the cost of our cars compared to those in H.

At the September TyCroes Tim was 3rd FTD on the saturday beaten only by the SBD car and a single seater, and I on the sunday I was only beaten by the SBD car and (I think 3 single seaters).

Im not going to get into the BEC is better than a CEC debate as its been done to death, and of course both have thier merits.

All I know is I love my BEC, it suits my driving style, I think the lack of weight suits the chassis better and above all its value for money.

All the WSCC classes are competetive but my phylosophy for into G was that Barney was (and is ) recognised as one of the quickest drivers, and I wanted to race against the quickest people.

More often than not I was beaten, but it certainly pushed me and improved me as a driver.

This year Tim and I have had some cracking battles and im sure next year will be the same with Terry and Barney.

For me you cant beat your bang for buck of the bike engines.

Mick, can I put my name of the list for a drive of the next creation please.

:D

The Class E point is interesting.

For some reason the best CECs have always been pretty competitive with the BECs in Class E (even in Andy's day), whereas they are nowhere in Class G. It can't be blamed on the quality of the Class E BECs  --  if you remember, Andy was competitive in G from the word go with essentially the same car as he used in E.   :0

Very true David but we have'nt had any CECs competing in G on regular basis save for the odd guest appearance by Brian Jones.

Why not bolt some slicks on yours and come and join us in G.

Looking forward to my move into G :0  :love:  :love:

could I enter the xtr2 in these comps??

or what would i have to change etc?

also racing licence?

would like to get into something like this :)