The balance of Power.

mhc

Firstly congratulations to Stuart, how easily he wears the crown. :love:

Just returned from the Anglesey event , and much against all I have said to mysef in the past, I am now a believer. ;)

Its the bike engined cars in  'G' that impress the most.

If the H and F class cars are supposed to be the front runners in the Speed Series how come the majority loose out in performance to the 1000cc engines.

Can there be any point now in going down the 'garigiste' route, only to get beaten by a miniture F1 engine and gearbox that costs very little in comparision.

Can someone please convince me otherwise, before I succumb and reinforce the saying.

Theres no fool like an old fool. :blush:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• mark.anson

• davidgh

• mhc

Good debating point Mick adn I agree BEC is the way for me next year

However in terms of outright times Anglesey was

Saturday

Top 3 in H 61.00,61.48 and 61.52

Top 2 in G 61.87, 63.60

Sunday

Top 4 in H 87.12, 88.87, 8975, and 92.38

Top 2 in G 92.44 and 93.04

So H were quicker both days

Good debating point Mick adn I agree BEC is the way for me next year

However in terms of outright times Anglesey was

Saturday

Top 3 in H 61.00,61.48 and 61.52

Top 2 in G 61.87, 63.60

Sunday

Top 4 in H 87.12, 88.87, 8975, and 92.38

Top 2 in G 92.44 and 93.04

So H were quicker both days

So if we discount the first two times on both days ( same car two different drivers which at this moment in time is the quickest Westfield competing in this country)

The 'G' class cars (only two  cars in that class) with two different drivers were beaten by only two different cars

Like I said , the majority were slower. :(

Still hoping to be convinced. :D

To be honest Mick the biggest difference will always be the driver. The fastest men in class down our way are all driving CEC. May be its just the best drivers your way all have BEC :p

Speaking completely out of turn here so feel free to shoot me down.... :D  :D

Is the dominance of the BEC's simplay a result of the (type of) tracks that the championship runs at?

ie If you were at say Silverstone or Snetterton for example, gut feeling would have the CEC's being more dominant?

Just idly wondering.... :suspect:

I'm sure that regular readers of this forum, and anyone who knows me. will know of my hatred of bike engines. However, I do see the sense in buidling a competition BEC. As far as value for money/speed it can't be beaten.

The amount of money spent on a CEC to make it beat a  bec's is prohibitive, regardless of circuit.

The international circuit at Ty Croes is a fast circuit, and does not lend itself to BECS, as they are on the rev limiter for a considerable part of the straight, topping out at circa 120mph, when the CEC's can do significantly more. (150mph is possible in Del's car, though not at Ty Croes!)

Mick, I don't think you wil be convined, cos you're right, bike power it is....and you know how much that pains me...........Now just build the light weight BEC, and find a light weight driver to pedal it!!

Lippydave

The BECs rarely beat the CECs

They run in a different class anyway

i.e Class G BEC on slicks

Class H CEC on slicks

Mick,

You can present stats to support any conclusion you want....

WSCC Speed Series

2011 (Provisional) results:

No BECs in the top 10

2 BECs in top 20

2010 results:

2 BECs in top 10

3 BECs in top 20

2009 results:

2 BECs in top 10

4 BECs in top 20

So looking at the last 3 seasons the BEC results are getting worse,  not better.  :D

Though that doesn't mean I disagree with you Mick.

Now how much would it cost for you to build me a very lightweight, carbon fibre bodied narrow with WSB/BSB Honda Blade engine in it for Class G. Then with a daytime MOTC, tax, insurance and Avon ZZRs I think E would be class of choice. ;)

PS I would happily let Barney or Terry drive it.

Just to add ,the only reason I posed the question was because I have missed the paddock atmosphere and tension playing with a car  :D  

Regarding the weight of drivers, this can always be compensated  by talent.   ;)

Regarding the weight of drivers, this can always be compensated  by talent.   ;)

I have one of above but not both  :(

Double double dam!

Now how much would it cost for you to build me a very lightweight, carbon fibre bodied narrow with WSB/BSB Honda Blade engine in it for Class G. Then with a daytime MOTC, tax, insurance and Avon ZZRs I think E would be class of choice.

Paul , carbon is a so retro.

Aluminium is the future. :blush: