50's Kit Car

bobsy

Just a quick question to see if anyone knows. I had a very old kit car/special many years ago, it had an E93A chassis, boxed and braced, but still had the side valve engine and encased prop etc. It also had the transverse spring front axle.

Bolted to the chassis was a 3/4" steel tubular frame, making it look like an early, crude Lotus 6. clad in aluminium. I know this thing had been build in the late 50s, because I know someone who remembered it being driven around, but it'd been barned up for years when I got it. The guy I bought it from reckoned he'd built it from scratch including bending the tubes, but that obviously wasn't true. On one occasion during purchase it was refered to as a Vargonaught, does this mean anything to anyone???

Sounds like a Ginetta G2 to me

I think that's it, infact I'm pretty sure it is.

When I got it, it had no screen, mudguards or nose cone. It's the nose cone that makes me think it's the car you've posted. With the nose cone off, it's just a massive hole and pretty unclear what's suppose to be done to make a nice finish to it, I had no idea what it should have looked like.

I'll sort a pic tomorrow, just hope it wasn't valuable

How could you know that straight off, I've looked loads of times through 50s specials as I knew it had to be there somewhere.  :)

How could you know that straight off, I've looked loads of times through 50s specials as I knew it had to be there somewhere.  :)

I'm a mine of useless information  :p