Windscreen

JohnBlenk

Having had my SEiGHT now for some 4 months, and due to my excessive height (6'4"), I am finding the top of the windscreen being bang on my line of vision rather irritating. Would appreciate views on whether to go for the lowered seat option or the taller windscreen ?

Although not as tall as you, at 6'2" I had a similar problem.

I replaced my seats with JK Composite ones (the ones with a lip rather than with the moulded base).

This has made a big difference for me, plus the seats are more comfortable too.

At your height, you might also need to have a lowered floor too?

I am 6'4" and had teh same problem.

Went with the JK Composite seats with the lip. Huge difference.

I also went aero screen as I was getting fed up with the side buffeting with the screen in place.

Mrs W prefers the new set up and with the wipe clean JK Seats no problem with getting caught out in the rain.

Friend has the Westfield race seats and lowered floor, with aero screen. This gives very low option but any sleeping policemen make it a breathin, prey  and approach with caution event.

Also with the very low seating position if you have a passenger who is short they have real problems with the view forward (made worse by aero screen).

I have kept the windsreen and am fashioning

some patchs/covers from carbon to cover the windscreen mounts so refitting can be done relatively easily.

Cheers  :D

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I have the standard Westfield seats at the moment, which look pretty close to the floor already. How much lower do the JK seats sit you ?

I want to stay with the windscreen, as I have found the sidescreens allow me and my passenger to breath !The Mrs actually enjoys coming out in the car now, but may be that is not a good thing !

I guess the other advantage of lowering the floor is that my head will then be below the top of the rollbar, an issue my wife was quick to point out ! Perhaps a project for the Winter.

Cheers

John

I guess the other advantage of lowering the floor is that my head will then be below the top of the rollbar, an issue my wife was quick to point out ! Perhaps a project for the Winter.

Cheers

John

Only really worthwhile if you have got a braced RAC type bar!

I'd fit JK seats and see how that is, if you still are not low enough fit lowered floor!

How much lower do the JK seats sit you ?

I fitted JK seats to mine a few years back - they have the moulded basses but I mounted them directly to the floor with no runners and TBH I was dissapointed!

The seat is very comfortable but I sat no lower in the car than I did when it had the Westfield sports seats mounted on runners.

(That's the reason I left the runners of the JK seats because I sat much higher in the car with them fitted than I did with the westfield seats)

I thought  the latest "productionised"  turbo astra westfield had a taller windscreen - wonder if thats available/will fit ?