• Malvern, Help Registration Closed
  • Malvern, Help Registration Closed

1973 Llandow video

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Some famous faces.

Some famous faces.

Wow!

Great discovery..... :D  :t-up:

Makes you realise just how much technology, particularly tyres and supension has moved on.... :D

Old stuff far more spectacular tho... :t-up:  :t-up:

Nice piece of film John. I marshalled at this event (probably along with Mr Hussey), the Tour of Britain, we did the night races at Snetterton.

The Tour of Britain was simply a tour round the racing circuits of Britain with a race at each venue.  There were long road sections so the car were pretty much standard hence the rolling and pitching.  There might even have been strict limits on what modifications could be done, I know around that time there was a major championship for standard saloon cars with the classes based on the showroom price of the car!

What's interesting is seeing the F1 Drivers out in saloon cars, a bit earlier but I remember seeing Clark drive a Lotus Cortina, Lotus sports car and F1 at the same meeting on the same day!

John and Martin I am with you - this is great old footage.

Did anyone see the ITV 4 coverage of this years Goodwood Revival - 1 hour of fantastic racing in some very desirable and expensive cars and motorcycles too.  These guys were really pushing them to the limit. Good old Murray Walker was there as well.

If you missed it...... Clicky

He he, those Moskvitch's  :laugh:

I remember them well  ;)

He he, those Moskvitch's  :laugh:

I remember them well  ;)

Christ you must be as old as me :D

Tony Lanfanchi , driving the Moskvitch in 1972, 28 class wins out of 29 races, if the sun was shining he raced with the window down and the 8 track on full volume, what a character.

Proper saloon car racing, with Moskvich's?  :p   i didn't know they did.