Ordered A New Westie

Captain Colonial

As my work block most picture sharing website, I was very confused by this post, now I have pictures I feel enlightened.

Enjoy.

As my work block most picture sharing website, I was very confused by this post, now I have pictures I feel enlightened.

Enjoy.

I can imagine! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

OK, first photo of the new Westie chassis, two days old, still at the factory and getting fuelled up (you know how long it takes to fill a Westie's tank!):

2daysold.jpg

Looks a bit of a train wreck - not sure which one is mine yet, but she has two sisters and three brothers - that's a big litter for a narrow chassis doggie!

All are doing well and coming along nicely - more as I get it. :t-up:

Time for a build thread update...

Almost one week in, the factory owners contacted me yesterday with more info on the chassis progress and sent a photo:

4%20Days%20Old.jpg

I was a little concerned about what I thought was a fault.  Seems once the tank has been filled, the immobiliser kicks in and it goes into sleep mode.  Conversely, once the tank is near empty, it sparks into life and becomes quite noisy too.  The owners trundled out the old standard excuse of "they all do that, sir", or at least they do for the first several weeks - we shall see.

Looks like the suspension needs upgrading as well, as the springs look a bit weak and the track rods a bit floppy, and the horn doesn't make enough noise to frighten anyone, but again I've been assured this will all straight out once they finish it.

I'll be able to do a personal inspection in four weeks now!  :t-up:

More as it happens,

Scott

Build Thread Update - Day 13

Another photo from the factory owners came in today (apologies for the quality, from a BB phone in dark conditions).  :)

Looks like the chassis is coming along nicely, as is the other five in the production run.  The white gel-fur coat is improving with time and repeated rubbing with a damp slightly abrasive surface.  You can see the tyres are curing and going black, as is the nose cone (out of shot here).  Still drinking copious of amounts of fuel at the moment at what looks like a very crowded filling station, but the suspension is starting to stiffen up, and the front winglets on the sides are coming in too.

13daysold.jpg

Just three weeks until we visit the factory for an inspection now. :)

As cute as it is, I dare not show wifey this thread.....

Otherwise I'm sure we'll end up with another puppy dog to add to the Lippy menagerie... :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D

How do you choose Scott? they all look cute and I know SWMBO would want to take them all home.... :laugh:

Nice thread to make me smile at the tail end of a ****ey day.... :t-up:

Day 18 Update

For once, I'll just let the photos speak for themselves:

19daysold2.jpg

19daysold1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Build Update - Day 27 Photo

Look away now Dave, and keep this thread from Mrs Lippy:

27daysold.jpg

Get to see the chassis for the first time on Sunday - very excited!  Will post video in due course.

Day 34 Update

Very exciting day!  Got to see and touch the chassis for the first time.  All six chassis were awake and blatting about in the garage, all adorable.  The mother, grandmother and great-grandmother of the six chassis were all there too, and they were beautiful, so happy, friendly, and full of life and fun that it was remarkable (must be on 98 RON) - looks like a great pedigree.

Anyway, Lady Colonial and I made friends with the big doggies first, and then were introduced to the six little chassis.  We cuddled them one by one, but one female chassis was cheekier and friendlier than the rest (also the biggest as well!), just full of fun and mischief, getting in our faces, licking our noses and nibbling on on ears - that was it - she was the one.

So meet Sophie, the newest soon-to-be acquisition to the family.  We'll pick her up in three weeks from now - can't wait.  Sorry for the rough video, no time to edit it at all, just a little taster.  (The two adult dogs in the video are her grandmother and great-grandmother, smothering the factory owner's daughter.)

(Apologies to lippydave if his missus gets to see this video!)

Happy days!  :)  :)  :)

She looks like a lovely little girl, Westies are just wonderful dogs!

• 2 weeks later...

Day 42 Update

(Aplogies to lippydave and mrs lippy!)

An awful day today, but yesterday... what a lovely day!  :)

Got to see the six noisy, bouncy, happy, healthy little chassis again yesterday.  Sophie is the fat one with thick fur, fighting with her brother - hope you enjoy this update as much as we did yesterday. :)

Sophie, aka Riddoch's Spirit of Barkley, comes home at last on Sunday, and although it will mark a bittersweet moment, we cannot wait! :t-up:

Thanks mate, she's a real nutter all right, roll on indeed!

EDIT: I love the way the hit counter on this thread goes up and up every time a new video or picture gets uploaded, yet few comment... some old softies out there to afraid to out themselves! :p  :D