• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Newbie - which car - please help!

markhall

Hi Mark

I called in at 2 today but you wernt in (cos the suns out and the car needed a driving excuse.....haha as if I need one though)

Ive been using it to work all week rain or shine (almost 60 mile round trip...) so next dry return ill drive past

see ya soon

Trev

Ive just gone through a similar exercise, depends what your budget it really, I saw a couple of examples of cars, from the basic engined to a VX with QED kit (Westie Add) this guy is looking for around £9.5k or thats what he quoted me, very tidy, first gear is a bit iffy and it needs a good tuneup but appart from that it drives pretty well.

I opted for a BEC as I drove one a year ago and was smitten, its taken me this long to get the money sorted and find the right project, I say project as theres still a few bits that need sorting on it and of course I have to get it svad. Mines a TTS Blueprinted R1 which apparently takes the spec up to around 160BHP but Im sure someone will correct me on this. The car has no frills, even has cart seats (soon to be replaced by R500 lookalikes)

Good hunting, and pick the car that you thinks right for you and what you want to use it for.

Trev - Sorry I missed you - went for a spin around the country park on my bike!  Oh well - next time (I wont leave the house ever again!!;).

Tony - interesting view, you stated that you were smitten - had you tried many other variations of westfields before you knew that was the one??

Tony - interesting view, you stated that you were smitten - had you tried many other variations of westfields before you knew that was the one??

Admittedly I hadnt tried other varients, the handling etc on the light car was perfect and this one hadnt been tweaked to the limit, it was also the 6 speed sequential and the high pitched bike engine note on full chat... couldnt stop grinning for weeks, now cant stop again.. busting at the moment to get it sorted/finished and on track.. Would offer you a PAX ride if it were road legal ;)

If its a BEC you want I have a megablade up for sale

registered march 2003

Black gell coat detachable arches

carbon fibre dash

carbon look cycle wings, stone guards and rear light clusters

limited slip diff

93 fireblade engine 130bhp

kevlar clutch kit

tts tuned

mocal oil cooler

covered racing seats

1800miles on clock