Cheap Westfields

Essex Westy

you 'might' find one down to around £2.5k but it would need checking over carefully for road use (IMHO)   ;)

Ideal sort of price for a car to "Tweak" or "Fiddle" about with as is my wish.

To have an £ 8k car sitting in the garage doing not a lot for most of the winter would be extremely painful to the ears!

You don't have to.

I insured mine last December for 4500 miles per year. I've already gone over that this year, so just increased it to 6000.

Even in January and February, I was driving the car at weekends (basically any weekend it wasn't raining or snowing).

I wouldn't envisage using it as a day to day car, but even as a 'fun' car, you can still use it all year round.

Andy

on a car which is purely for fun!

And surely the only way to have fun is to drive it? ???

Why should that be restricted to summer months?  ???  ???

Winter is depressing enough as it is, without counting the days by until the car is back on the road...... ;)

Beat the Winter blues.....drive it! :t-up:  :)  :p

And you now justify spending more on it now-as you are going to be using it all year round.... :devil:  :devil:  :cool:  :love:

Probably going to get an MX5 (no hairdresser jokes please)

I have no garage and the Westy is stored over 30 miles away at my folks, which is a pain in the A*** and makes it only of any use at weekends (traffic out of London during the week means at least a 2 hour journey) and I've had no free weekends all Summer, which means it hasn't been used.

MX5 can park outside my house and get used.

A Westfield will be repurchased once I move out of London in a couple of years.

i like mx5's to :)

i am also thinking about buying one (but once ive paid for the westie) as i reckon they will make a good daily runabout  :D

i will then have four seats so that should shut the missus up (until she notices that the four seats are in two different cars  :durr: )

furtive if you are interested a china plate and sometime boarder is starting to import from japan.  let me know

They're not really the best handling car you know, it's an Autocar / Joan Solo conspiracy.

Oh, and in answer to the first question - £4k, anything below that is a bargain or a dog. There's more of the latter than the former knocking about.  :)

Oh, and in answer to the first question - £4k, anything below that is a bargain or a dog. There's more of the latter than the former knocking about.  

Don't disagree but I saw £4.5k cars that appeared no better than my £3k one. Dogs come in all ages and prices  ???

I'd definitely put my car in the "needs playing with" category but two trackdays and 1000 miles later I'd still class it as a bargain so they do exist....