reg plates

harky

I've heard that you can cover your plates in cling film, spray them with hair spray etc, etc, as well as the magic number plates that be purchased, but IMHO I think it is unwise to be lulled into the false sense of security that these supposed tricks offer. Most of these apparently work by reflecting the flash of the camera. But more and more Gatso's are digital, and dont flash in the first place.......

Spray your plate with WD40, after 10 mins road crime is all over the plate and you can't see the numbers.

If you get pulled over just wipe the plate clean with a rag and say "sorry" to the nice officer.

Please note I am a law abiding citizen and never break the law!!

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Regards

Muttleyboy

wd 40 could be worth a try but i would still like to know if the flash resistant plates actually work.

somebody must have had some experience of them?????

Apparently none of these dodgy plates work, IM sure I saw something on telly where they were testing them all and they was also trying to outrun the second flash so the cops could not find out your true speed but I think you have to be doing something over 180mph I think to beat it.  Check your area Police force website and they normally tell you where they are going to be commencing mobile camera speed traps aswell as the gacto cameras, I know Derbyshire Police tell you on there web site.

Camera Locations In Derbyshire

they don't work.....and if you're caught with a really dirty plate you could get done anyway (especially if the rest of the car is clean)  ;)

buy a Road Angel/Cyclops etc GPS based warning device and then you'll know when to slow down (err I mean be especially careful because of course you won't be deliberately exceeding the speed limit anyway, will you   ;)  :devil: )

I think the (Truvelo?) electronic cameras do actually flash, but in the infra red part of the spectrum so's not to blind or distract the "victim". Whether, or not, the "anti-photo" plates work or not is a bit of a gamble. They are illegal, though. Basically, some designs are uniformly reflective all over the plate rather than only in the background area. This should mean that the figures get lost in the glare of the back reflection. Sounds a bit iffy to hang the safety of your licence on to me. Any amateur electronics chaps might consider making up a device that detects the flash, IR or visible, and instantly flashes back directly at the camera and saturates the CCD or film with excess light. Such a device (called "Flashback" - what else?) was offered for "Celebs" to wear on the peaks of their hats. It apparently flashes back at the paparazzo's camera and spoils the picture. Two probs: celebs want to be photographed; and they look such tits in the hats that they get instantly dismissed as nerds so the paparazzi don't photograph them anyway.  :0

The flash resistant plates DO NOT WORK. We have tested just about all of them in the office over the last 12-18 months. ALL were successfully photographed.

We had high hopes of the last one we had in here (about two months ago), because it passed the first test.........It failed when we shot it again through a polarized lens filter............The only question now is do Gatso's have polarized lenses in them?

Can confirm none of the "magic number plates" work! Sorry!

Also if the reg cant be read by the computer in processing stage then yes its passed on to a human to "enhance" the photo to gain the reg number from it!

Face it if you are flashed then give up cos you have been done!

Personally I use a Snooper radar detector - that way you know whats live and can be at the correct speed limit beforehand!!

Gatso's dont have polarisers on them.

Also if the occifer is having a bad day then he will do you for a dirty number plate too! The plate falen off trick works the first time but doubtful for the second or third!

Hope this helps - get a radar detector!

Cheers

Kevin

looks like its back to the drawing board then.thanks for all the info anyway.

i may have to part with the dosh for a detector then.£££££££

keep saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!