• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Mechanically Challenged

terryb

Hi

Have just bought an 88 pre lit principally for track days and totally delighted so far on the road

BUT

I am a complete waste of space on the mechanicals

SO

Any advice on a good garage / mechanic in the Peterboro / Stamford area

Thanks in advance

These cars are so simple to work on you dont need a good garage!! buy a set of spanners and a hammer.

I find part of the enjoyment of owning a westi is working out whats wrong, what caused it and how to put it right.

Imagine doing that with a real sports car.

Just thrash it till it breaks and then learn how to fix it. This way you end up looking forward to something going wrong.

Any advice on a good garage / mechanic in the Peterboro / Stamford area

No help on the garage / mechanic, there are very few places in Peterborough I trust with the tin-top, even less for the Westfield.

Do you fancy becoming an AO and reviving the Cambs Area? Nobody else has volunteered and I quit over a year ago...  :0

PS: Where abouts in Peterborough are you. I live in Deeping, and there are a couple of others kicking around. Liam where are you ?

Asa newcomer I think the AO role is too much initially but would like to go to meets

Currently out near Crowland but moving west of P/boro in October

Terry

there is a guy who races his rgb westy he has a motor sport company in peterborough somewhere his name is Jonathon wright he builds and modifies westy's all the time ill try and see him this weekend at silverstone and get his address for you if that helps .. scott