Sva quieres

karlgurney

A few things i'm not to sure about,

*spoke to the factory and they said its ok to put the black rubber U section around the sharp edges of the cycle wings, is this right coz i understand that it would have to be pernament and i dont really want to glue it on only rip it off after the test.

*The fuel tank breather, is it ok to run a section of fuel pipe to the lowest point of the car and then back up to the highest?

*Does the underside of the dashboard/scuttle need to be covered?

*my fuel tank guage doesn't read exactley fuel when the float arm is at max travel, i've tested this with it out of the tank and can't see that even if i adjusted it it wouldn't make any difference, i understand that you have to have a full tank of fuel for the test will the guy just take my word on it?

Cheers

Karl

Current advice on cycle wing edges is that you would be OK just smoothing them over rather than rubber strip.

The fuel tank has to be full in order that the weight of the car can be checked, and I'm sure they will take your word for the fact that the tank is full.

Fuel tank venting is not an SVA test point AFAIK.

The dashboard doesn't have to have a cover underneath, but you do have to pay attention to edges/protrusions under there.

Hope that helps

1) Yes, if you have not got rolled edges on your cycle wings you will need to cover them, or your can radius them yourself with wet 'n dry. I used some rubber trim and am regretting it now as I cannot get it all off cleanly

2) The fuel tank breather only needs to run up to a high point on the car, the factory runs a tube right from the breather up a diagonal chassis rail

3)Not neccesarily, but the loom has to be secure. I used some pipe lagging and secured the loom to the round bar behind the dash as tight as I could. I also used lagging around the exposed chassis rails above the driver and passenger footwells.

4) The fuel tank reading does not matter, the reason a full tank of fuel is required is to weigh the vehicle and is usefull for the brake test as it will improve the brakes on the rear.

Hope this helps

JD

to the lowest point of the car and then back up to the highest?

Not a good idea as this could cause a syphon effect when cornering hard - seen it happen on a Westy around Oulton - very smelly.

Just run it straight to the highest point of the car (along the 16mm chassis member) with no 'downward' loops.

John

Inspector didn't even comment in the cycle wings at my SVA.  He just rubbed his fingers along the edges.  I used a bit of fine wet wet n dry.  No sticky mess to remove later.