• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Too tall? thin seats? taller screen?

mattstead

I've just had a 6ft 5in guy come to look at my zetec sei which is for sale..only problem is he is looking through the rim of the windscreen. I've got the "standard" westfield highbacked seats, with westfield supplied seat runners. I whipped the seat out and, sat on the floor he was fine. What sort of hieght would a really thin GRP seat (intatrim odyssey for example) add to the "bum on the floor" experience. Any suggestions to make this chap fit apprieciated.

he could take the screen off - go aero

but seriously you can get at a couple of inches lower by removing the runners

My (plays-kool) seat's probably less that 5mm off the floor.

It's just mounted on 2 lengths of box section aluminium.  

He should get an aeroscreen anyway.

If he's a serious buyer, then he'll need to budget for either a Westfield race seat, a Plays Kool race seat, or, if he has plenty of spare cash, one of the Fluke Motorsport R500alike seats......careful positioning of these seats, with attention paid to the rake, will see him fit in nicely, I'd have thought.....

The other option is a custom, 2 part foam seat......

many thanks guys, I'll be onto PKM tommorow. I suggested the aero screen idea but he wants to put the hood up. Also, was it PKM who put the hoops on the roll bars? it's only got the cosmetic 50mm unbraced bar, but he says he'd feel better if it had a bit that was higher than his head (but still under the hood!;) Doesn't want much does he!  :)

Thanks again,

Matt.

Sssshhhh, don't say that, he might be listening  :D  Any way, an Elise  ???  You wash your mouth out. He wants an entertaining sportscar, not a load of overpriced hype....

I had a similar problem (but I'm only 5'10"  ??? ) and I managed to source a 'tall' windscreen which is 2" taller than the standard, along with matching sidescreens - I got them s/h - but I understand that they did come from Westfield originaly. Might be worth a question to the factory to see if they still do them. Fitment was simple, as the w/s is exactly the same shape as the standard - just taller - so it just drops in place.