STOP! advice.......

Quick_Learner

Im fitting the last few panels and then hoping to start on the brake lines over the bankholiday. The manula states use a "bending tool if possible", so if i dont, what problems am i gonna hit?

Thanks all!

QL

I've got a brake pipe bender and to be truthfull its bl**** useless.I bent most  of my brake pipes either using just my hands or forming them around a deep 3/4" socket ,just be careful not to kink the pipe.

steve :D

i have a break pipe bending tool which is not bad im in birmingham u can borrow if u need better than a damaged brake pipe

Thanks guys. Ill give it a go with the "bare hands" technique first then keep y'posted.

Shindha - ill be touch if needed, thanks again.

QL

I found the pipe bender from screwfix in automotive section to be excellent.  In order to get the point were the bend should start I used a bit of tipp ex to mark the pipe.  Bending by hand esp bending steel pipe can cause it to crush.  Bending and flaring copper pipe is a darn sight easier and it is cheap!

• 10 months later...

Pembroke Pat,

Isn't the pipe bender in Screwfix for 6/8/10mm pipe? I thought the brake pipe supplied is 4mm (3/16"). Doesn't this cause a problem with kinking?

In fact, anyone know where I can get my mittens on a suitable 4mm pipe bender??

Thanks,

James

as long as you do it slowly you can bend the pipe by hand without any problems :t-up:

a lot less fiddling round than with a pipe bending tool

seconded - but a plumber sometimes has a mini-bore pipe bender (if you know one that is) i borrowed one for the fuel pipe and that could bend smaller diameters