• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

rev limit xe

David Hookey

If you have ARP big end bolts, then you're safe up to about 7500-8000rpm.

On a boggo XE, with OE bottom end, then don't rev it beyond what the GSI Cavalier manual says is the red line.........

FWIW, my ARP equipped XE revs to 7200........

On a boggo XE, with OE bottom end, then don't rev it beyond what the GSI Cavalier manual says is the red line.........

6750 if I recall.

B. ;)

Just don't ask The "Revver-end" Everall what the limit is  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

It is all in the mind!!!

However with ARP Coosie big end bolts certainly 7750 is acceptable but some of us like to try and use a bit more.

Terry alias the Revver (Road runner)!

Put on rolling road (standard engine) and suggested 6000 max as peak power/torque are around that point etc

Read out stated 6500 revs reached momentarily  :0  :0

Engine is fine  :p  :p  :p  (I think it blew out the cobwebs :D )

FWIW

6500rpm !!!!!

It is hardly worth starting up the engine to achieve this miserly figure!

If it's a new weber alpha fresh out of the box and not been re-mapped I think you'll find that the rev limit is set at a mear 6000rpm!!!

6500rpm !!!!!

bl**** cheek...........................

I have heard rumours that you have a bike rev counter in yours and you only wear ear protectors cos of the valve bounce :0

I cant assume original builder fitted uprated rod bolts  :blush:  :blush:  I need to check at some time.

SBD will be getting some business from me this winter though  :p  :p  :p  :cool:  :cool:

6500rpm !!!!!

bl**** cheek...........................

I have heard rumours that you have a bike rev counter in yours and you only wear ear protectors cos of the valve bounce :0

I cant assume original builder fitted uprated rod bolts  :blush:  :blush:  I need to check at some time.

SBD will be getting some business from me this winter though  :p  :p  :p  :cool:  :cool:

Forget the bolts.   Once  you have a rod poking out the side of the VX, do yourself a favour, and fit a proper engine!!!!

You know it makes sense  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Now there is an idea I had not thought of! You see "out of the mouths of children..........." If I fitted a bike engine rev counter it might release a few more revs than the vdo gauge that stops at a mere 7000rpm!!! Anyway irrespective of revs I was pulling 124mph in 5th gear through the finish at Aintree in the Speed Series and that felt bl**** quick and I did not have time to check anything just applied plenty of right foot to the right hand pedal.

Just go for it   -   You know it makes sense