• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Just ordered harnesses

thos

I've just ordered a set of Willans 4 point harnesses from Willans and I thought I remembered reading that I need extra bolts from Westfield ? Anyone tell me what I need ?

TIA,

Tom

The bolts for my harnesses came in the kit and are to a specification for this purpose so I would suggest that you ensure that you use the correct recommended ones.

The threads are all 7/16” UNF and you should receive 2 bolts for the lower mountings and two 'eye' bolts for the top mountings in the kit. It is vital that the top 'eye' bolts are tightened ( with shims if required ) to ensure that they lie in the 'pull' plane of the shoulder straps - this is explained in the leaflet that comes with the harnesses and must be adhered to for maximum protection.

Tom

Are the harnesses cheaper than getting them from Westfield?

If so have you got a contact number.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks steppenwolf, I didnt realise I'd get a kit, thought it was just the harnesses. Cool, just gotta wait for the postman now.

TJWilliams - The ones from Westfield arent FIA approved, I think they were looking for £65 each, I went direct to Willans and got some FIA approved, 3", at £123 each. All depends on what you want them for I suppose. I figured if I was getting harness, I may as well do it right and get some FIA approved ones in case I decide to do something in the future. Contact details are on http://www.willansharness.com/

I went direct to Willans and got some FIA approved, 3", at £123 each.

As I got mine from Westfield, not Willans direct, I cannot guarantee that they will supply the whole kit so fingers crossed with the postman!

You may find the eye bolts are shorter than the ones Westfield supply.   You can specify longer bolts if you order the belts from Europa.   Whether you can get away with the shorter bolts will depend upon the installation in your particular car.   If you have a boot box, you'll need the longer bolts, and sleeves to increase their height.   You must not simply tighten them down onto the fibre glass, but directly against the chassis, which is why the sleeves are important.   You'll be able to get them from Westfields, or perhaps make a set up from suitable tubing.

HTH

You'll be able to get them from Westfields, or perhaps make a set up from suitable tubing.

I'll be getting them from Westfield so.

Thanks for your help guys.

Tom