XTR2 Road Legal, Top Spec.

Justin767

Hi Chaps,

XTR2 is up for sale.

See it at -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3151249.htm

It was Registered on 1 June 2005.

It seems I've under priced this car by a couple of thousand, but I'll leave the basic price as it is and make some of the unfitted parts available as an extra cost option should the buyer need / want them.

Loads of Interest in the car - first to come and pay for it can have it.

STILL INCLUDED with the car are - The Terratrip Intercom System, a Hayabusa Airbox, Exhaust Packing (2 packs), Spare Wing support brackets, End Plates to use in single wing configuration, Spare Oil, a 16 tooth front sprocket should you wish to gear down from the 17 tooth fitted, 2 spare steering arms and rods, different length ARB drop links (should you want to radically change the ride height), Fog Light (some MoT stations turn a blind eye to whether this is fitted), Standard Horn (should you prefer it), some seals and engine spares, clutch push rod, spare pulley belt, spare throttle pedal. some spare AFAM chain and 2 joining links, M7 XTR Registration, Construction manual, Suspension set up sheet, big file of receipts and documents etc.

========================

It's just had £1517 spent on an engine refresh and passed it's MoT yesterday (10th August)

It was carefully assembled by 2 Mechanical Engineering Graduates, it passed the SVA test first time and I've garaged and taken good care of it ever since :-)

Road use is surprisingly easy and great fun, then it really comes into it's own on a trackday - where it runs at R500 pace whilst the sensory bombardment make you feel like you're driving your own little F1 car !

No previous owners, All History & Receipts & Manuals & Comprehensive Build Log (467 hours work to SVA!). Just 1405 miles.  

Very Good Value at  £15950  for a quick sell.

MORE  SPEC  -

1300cc Suzuki Hayabusa Engine (from TTS)

With Billet Clutch and full rolling road setup. for Power Commander. (has a lambda display and you can also lean/richen the mixture on the unit)

6 speed constant mesh sequential gearbox.

Quaife LSD.

2 Brand New AVON ACB10 Tyres and 2 fairly new.

15" Team Dynamics Silver Alloys (nice and light)

Terratrip Intercom System fitted for easy of chatting. (simple velcro fit to a helmet..)

Recent New AFAM Chain (Strongest available)

Recent New Odyssey Race Battery.

Dry Sumped with a Large Oil cooler.

Regular Oil Changes and Servicing (ie brakes, bolt torques, greasing joints etc)

Stack ST500 Instrument option with sequential shift indicator. 0-60 and Quarter Mile recording. All Programmable. (Manual Included)

High Quality Oil, Water & Fuel Gauges.

Bi-plane rear wing option fitted (both wings fully adjustable)

Competition Nitron adjustable suspension.

Front and Rear adjustable Anti roll bars.

AP Racing 4 pot calipers. (Adjustable bias)

Driver's Seat is on runners so easy to get in and get comfortable. (I'm fine at 6'2" and my friend is fine at err a lot less?!)

Quick release Momo steering wheel.

Titan Quick Rack.

Rod included to allow rear to be lifted with a trolley jack.

Fuel Swirl Pot.

Oil Catch Tank.

Rear Diffuser.

Self cancelling Indicators.

Extra Panel added behind the splitter to smooth airflow under the car.

Lagged Exhaust.

3" Aero Race Harnesses.

Amusing horn.!

EXTRAS AVAILABLE -

Quick Lift Front Jack £120 (was £199 new)

Pair of runners for the passenger seat. £20

GSXR Style Wing Mirrors, £20 pair (brand new).

Unfitted Electric Reverse Full Kit, £600 (costs £1407 at Factory!)

Set of 4 used AVON ACB10s - still with about 2mm tread! - £150  (cost £600 new)

One Crutch Strap (to add to race harnesses.) £20

DIGI Gear Indicator, un-opened £70

Scott Oiler Kit, un-opened £55

Nice number Plate Included - ' MY  XTR '

Very Nimble, well balanced car and it has been great fun to drive, both on the road and on a few trackdays - including the Nurburgring and Spa  :-)

The car is finished in natural black:

We couldn't decide on the best paint job so we left it in the matt black (since copied by the new Ferraris!!)

At Trackdays the car always seemed to attract a steady flow of enthusiasts who'd seen it lapping and came to the garage to check it out.. They all said it looks really good in matt black.. So we decided to keep it that way.

So the new owner will either share that point of view or have a 'blank canvas' to paint as they wish :-)

There is a dinky little hinged access panel in the left of the dash where there is a flat surface to mount the Race Technology Data Logger. I may decide to sell this to the new owner.

I've also pre-installed 7 core cable running from the dash area to the engine bay of the car. So fitting further sensors or gear shift kits etc is made more simple..

I have a Brian James Clubman trailer that works well with the XTR2 but I wanted to hang on to that, However I should be able to deliver the car when sold. Or you could drive it home if we get some tax on it and you don't mind being the centre of attention!?

Feel free to ask any questions or organise a viewing.

NB in the photos the car is on long grass and the ride height was set rather low!

I've set up a 'Dropbox' so I can send you more photo links..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin767

• sparky21

• Barry Ashcroft

• RichUK

I think I saw this car a few weeks ago when I was in TTS. Looks very nice indeed.

Thanks RichUK.

Yes TTS have had the engine out refreshing some seals and bearings.

So it will be in fine fettle for the new owner :-)

I'll ring them after the weekend to see if it's ready for collection.

I had bumped into Richard (the boss at TTS) at the Autosport Show and been admiring his Supercharger conversion for the Hayabusa engines..

The XTR2's brakes and handling are already awesome and the standard engine is no slouch but I'd thought it might be nice to add warp close to a Radical SR8 into the mix :-)

However, budgets and a house-move knocked that idea on the head :-(

I forgot to mention that it has a nice number plate!

'My XTR'

or rather 'M7 XTR'

And the SVA registration date was 13 Oct 2004 but it's not been used much and has been well looked after.

• 2 weeks later...

Car Photos can be seen here -

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk....iew

Also I forgot to mention that it includes a fitted intercom system : You can fit the earpiece and mic into your helmet in seconds (uses velcro) and then just plug into the intercom unit mounted between the seats :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just collected the XTR2 from TTS.

The engine is now leak free :-)

• 2 months later...
Fresh ACB10 Tyres and a new MoT yesterday :-)

I've just uploaded a bunch of new photos so the Freead is down while they check out the new ad..

Why so Cheap????

Seems very low price for a 1 owner XTR with that spec and mileage...

Also what make is the new chain you have had put on the car?

Car looks good though mate..

AFAM heaviest duty chain I could find :-)

It's quite hard to price the car as they're so rare. (especially road legal ones)

To me it's worth about double that! But, as it passed it's SVA back in 2004, £15950 seemed a decent price.

Maybe I should take sealed bids? - LOL

Lol now thats an idea :)

Ah an AFAM chain, ok I will look into that as mine is due a replacement :)

It came from Bike Torque Racing -

http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/chains-sprockets/afam-chains

the Hyper Heavy Duty X ring one :- '530-8-..' in the longest length they did (so I get two chains out of the one box !)

You can also get them in 'bling' colours to match your car!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.