• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Bits and pieces

bootleboy

Morning everyone.

Im in the process of tidying up my pre-lit Westy and i need a few bit and pieces - nothing major just cosmetic stuff really - dashboard, smaller mirrors, vinyl boot cover, carpets/tunnel cover, smaller headlights/indicators.

Even considering getting rid of the high back seats in favour of squabs and pads - i figured these might give me a bit more legroom as im 6 foot 3, and get leg cramp after about an hour of blatting!!

Obviously shows like Stoneleigh are fantastic for these kind of items, but im struggling to find other sources.

Can anyone help? ???  :t-up:  :durr:

For lights, try Stafford Vehicle Components here

For smaller mirrors, you could use the racing ones from the Demon Tweeks catalogue in black or carbon  :love:

For the carpets and trim etc I'm not sure you'll find anyone who wants to sell a set but any reasonable trim shop would be able to make up a set or you could make your own using material from Woolies Trim Supplies here

Dashboard is just a trimmed sheet of ally or you could make your own from a sheet of carbon fibre  :love:

If you hava a Demontweaks motorsport catalogue they have a selection of small mirrors. I recently fitted a pair of racetech single seater mirrors, you can just about see them on the avatar. Easy to fix with just a single hole through the body work/windscreen pillar.

For the vinyl cover and carpet tunnel you could either try the factory or a local trimmer.  I am actually about to get the same bits made myself, I have got a friend who is a car trimmer, however he would need to see your car to manufacture and I guess from your user name you are no where down South.

Carbon fibre comes highly recommended then i take it?!!

I just think it looks rather nice  ;)  :D   - for sheets of the stuff talk to Paul at Plays Kool (link on the main WSCC page) he can supply thin and thick (GRP reinforced) stuff for bootbox covers/dashboards etc  ;)

Just ordered racetech mirrors from Demon Tweeks :t-up :

Username is a bit deceiving, i live in Loughborough Leics - still not exactly 'down south' though!

:D