Hi, I'm new

Blacknblue

Just to say hello.... plus a quick question.

Picked up the kit in September last year, got it SVA'd and registered in December, spec is

A fairly standard kit - 1.8 Zetec, Jenvey TB, MBE ecu, contoured dash, round rear lights.... etc. :D  :D brilliant fun, only done 600 miles so far though as I work on rotation outside the UK  :cool: This also means loads of the meetings and events I just can't get to, :(  I guess I'll just have to keep updated via this board.

Now to the question, does anybody have any recommendations for a rolling road / ECU mapping outfit around Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucester area

Can't answer your question (but I'm interested in the answer, I'm in Swindon).

However, let me be the first to say welcome aboard, and add 'Join the club' :D. It's well worth it, if only to get access to the fantastic free avatar hosting service :).

Andy

Welcome!

You didn't mention what colour you chose......no doubt you exhibited excellent taste and went for yellow..... :devil:

Re. rolling roads - best resource is the list on Stepp's site here

I seem to remember good reports of the one in Thornbury, but that may not be too convenient....

Good luck and have fun!

Oh, just one more thing.......before the Chairman gets here.......join the club!!!!!! It'll be worth it just to give you a magazine every 2 months that you can take away with you (on your offshire trips) and use for a Westy fix!! :D  :D  :D

Oh, just one more thing.......before the Chairman gets here.......join the club!!!!!!

Oi...I already said that!

Andy

Oh, just one more thing.......before the Chairman gets here.......join the club!!!!!!

Oi...I already said that!

Andy

Sorry, I saw the "advert" and missed that bit...... :blush:

Still, if somethings worth saying.......

Advert? That implies I've got something to sell...:)

Oh, I have! (see sig ;))

Andy

You didn't mention what colour you chose......no doubt you exhibited excellent taste and went for yellow.....

The subject of colour was the longest part of ordering the kit.... I was going to get yellow - honest   :devil:  :devil: but in a fit of blind panic I chose blue  :D  :D  :0

Anyway, my priorities now are

1. join the club

2. sort out the avatar

3. make a decision on the rolling road

4. order a yellow tub  :D  :D  :D

I'm back in the UK in a couple of weeks and I'd like to get the ECU done then, I guess I'll join the club then as well. :D  :D

After all this, there's still been nobody suggest a rolling road (apart from by looking at Stepps' list)! :D

Andy

Looking at the list, theres 2 in Cheltenham and one near Castle Combe. Also check the Rolling Road directory in the back of CCC each month. Do Swindon Racing Engines have a rolling road that they offer the services of?

John

Hello Everyone

To answer the rolling road and ECU set up phone KEITH at lodway service station at PILL just off juction 19 OF the M5 tele 01275 372561. He helped me set my car and has just done two of my friends 1.8 zetec and 3.9 V8.

Hope this helps

Tony :t-up:

Can fully recommend keith he just sorted my V8 which turned out to have a faulty ecu.Has a full bosch diagnostics and rollers and will not be beaten by a problem 11pm on a friday night and all day sat & sun top bloke. :love:

Regards

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys, I've phoned Keith, he doesn't have the MBE software but is ringing MBE today to see what the cost is etc, he might be willing to get the software (dependant upon price) on the basis that he'll get other owners work.

Very helpful and knowledgeable guy, looks like I'll be using him if he can get the software.

Now if I can just get the problem with my starter motor sorted

and if anybody can help my other post about Dry sumps I should be sorted for my next trip home   :D  :D  :D