• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Air Filter Help

ChrisF

I want to improve the air flow on my CVH with Ram Pipes and a bigger air filter, I currently have shallow (30mm ish) K&Ns.  However I have a few problems.

1. The standard Pipercross filter will not fit...the master cyclinder is in the way.

2. The lower part of the K&N's are very close to the body work and if I increase their depth to 102mm they will just about (1mm+/-) ride over the main body.

Has anyone out there fitted deeper K&N's, or any other type of pipes and filter, to their CVH?

Advice on results, fit and fitting would be much appreciated.

The shallow filters are supposed to be good for 150BHP - which should be fine for a CVH  ;)  :(  :)  :D

Bigger is not necessarily better  :(  :D  ;)  There needs to be a required amount of air pressure over the carbs - which could be decreased if you simply whack on some big uns  ;)  :D

To fit rams and a piper - you might need a new manifold angled up away from your chassis  :(  :)  ???  ???  ???

Okay Mark,

In my simple world, I assumed that if I improved my air intake by larger filters and dirctional air flow...I would get better torque.

Are you telling me I cannot improve on my little pancakes  ???

You can improve your torque and BHP - but simply throwing on a big filter may not necessarily be the way forward - C ya at Curborough  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Have a look at this BHP/Torque 1600CVH