• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Lazey Tong Riviter.

chazpowerslide

I have finally got to the stage where I'm riviting my (powder coated) ali panels to the chassis (after fitting the brake pipes, rear loom and fuel pipes to the chassis) after all the trial fitting, drilling and feteling (I made my own ali panels) the car is really coming together.

I would recommend that anybody fitting their own panels buy a "Lazy Tong Riviter" (it's a kind of telescopic low effort concertenerd rivit gun type of thing)

I paid about £40 for my Draper "Lazy Tong Riviter" and have fitted all my ali panels (about 500 rivits) in about 3 hours.

The only disadvantage with the tool is that if you are not carefull when the rivit mandral "snaps" you can damage the panel when the riviter "bounces" as it's fairly heavy.

Using this type of riviter is easy peasy, you'll not regret the money you spend on it.

Highly recommended.

Chaz.

Totally agree, bought mine from Vehicle Wiring Products, I think it was about £25 plus VAT. I was amazed how little effort is needed compared with the normal rivet pliers.

Rick