MOT centre needed

AndyC_772

Hi all,

My Westy (2.0 XE, '99, Q plate) is due an MOT in a couple of weeks' time.

I'm in Farnborough, Hants - can anyone please recommend me an MOT station that knows what a kit car is and which tests apply to it?

Ta

Andy.

Andy,

I am in Newbury, Berks(not to far away) if you get stuck??

Glen. :t-up:

I had my Westfield tested at ATS in Aldershot, just off the A331, initially it failed on loads of bits because it was tested as a '90 car not as a Q plate.  I made the mistake of giving them the previous years certificate which stated the car was manufactured in 1990.  After a bit of a discussion they were happy for me to bring the car in for a free retest the next day, without showing them the previous certificate, and pass it.

They are happy to test the car while you wait and you can normally get an appointment within 24 hours.

Hi Andy  :)

I know of someone else who goes to Cobbs with his Locost. The only downside is they appear to be the "wait in the waiting room" type of place.

I go to Regency Garage in Hawley (Chapel Lane). They are friendly and helpful (not adverse to fixing very minor things on the spot) and don't mind watching and talking to them while they work. I've not taken the westfield there yet (will in a couple of months) but I did ask them about emissions and it was obvious that they didn't really know the regs so if you go there it is worth making sure you know the rules so you can gently correct them if necessary!  ;)

The downside of regency is that you need to book and they are normally booked up a week or so in advance.

Toby